Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 04:37 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,940,554 times

Advertisements

It depends on the highway. Some highways are so crowded that if you don't ride in the middle or left lanes you're stopping every hundred feet letting people in or out (I'm talking about you Rte 17!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 04:57 PM

636 posts, read 1,419,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
I am in th eleft lane whenever I am actively passing other cars. Being that i tend to drive 15-20mph faster than the speed limit, I am always passing cars. If you want to drive 30mph over the speed limit and are pissed at ME being the left lane, ** you, go around me.
No, YOU get over. You're a hypocrite. Speeding as much as YOU want = It's all good

Speeding MORE than you = too fast

Give me a break! If you're going faster than the person behind you, get over.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:03 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,727,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Michigan Man View Post
No, YOU get over. You're a hypocrite. Speeding as much as YOU want = It's all good

Speeding MORE than you = too fast
Aaaaay I gotsta show a little attituuude, y'no. Im from Jerzy! (said in my best goomba/ dice clay voice)

Besides, I didnt say TOO fast, just meant that I dont fit the profile of the slowpoke in the left lane. I also said, Im only there when im pasing. If the middle is clear, I stay in the middle. Point is, I agree that if you want to drive slow, stay right.

Quote:
If you're going faster than the person behind you, get over.
Not to bust your *** but if this is the case, that means I just passed them. :-P

Old 08-21-2009, 05:07 PM

636 posts, read 1,419,539 times
Quote:
Aaaaay I gotsta show a little attituuude, y'no. Im from Jerzy! (said in my best goomba/ dice clay voice)

Besides, I didnt say TOO fast, just meant that I dont fit the profile of the slowpoke in the left lane. I also said, Im only there when im pasing. If the middle is clear, I stay in the middle. Point is, I agree that if you want to drive slow, stay right.
You did say too fast. You said anyone going 30 over needs to go around you. You should be in the middle lane if they are going faster than you.

Quote:
Not to bust your *** but if this is the case, that means I just passed them. :-P
You're right, I mistyped it.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:31 PM

7 posts, read 15,353 times
Quote:

Thats where i am confused can you tell me where in the law it's says to stay in the middle, or where it says "if you drive slow" stay right?

Old 08-21-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
I agree with the above two posters. If negative reps were still around I'm sure you'd be -3 right now lol
Wow thats a bummer cause i was going to try to get enough points here for a free something, what can i get with my points here anyway? Is there an award book that we get to choose from?

Old 08-21-2009, 05:40 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,752,798 times
Worse than this problem is when you're in the left lane going as fast as the traffic ahead of you permits - i.e. the left lane is moving the fastest but is only going 60-65 because it's crowded - and some joker comes up behind you tailgating and flashing his lights. That's when that person learns that I know how to slow down and not let him pass, at all.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
Your first post is this?

We are all dumber for reading this. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
WOW Sorry didn't mean to upset you, i will have to check with you prior to my next post.

How do you become dumber for reading the law? I would think the opposite most people have no idea that its against the law to drive in the middle or left lane and thats part of the problem.

How many points do i need for God to have mercy on my soul?

Old 08-21-2009, 06:02 PM

20,221 posts, read 19,772,899 times
Quote:
..... If you want to drive 30mph over the speed limit and are pissed at ME being the left lane, ** you, go around me.

That's just pi$$-poor driving.

There's a difference between "driving" and "operating a motor vehicle". Most in the US do the latter, at best.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:03 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,579,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
Even though I find the OP trollish I will say that I HATE the fact that people drive in the middle or left lane when not passing. Biggest adustment I had to make driving here from the UK. Nobody passes on the inside in the UK - it's just not done and if you do it and get caught...big fine and points.
true dat. when we were in germany there was one thing you did.not.do. on the autobahn - drive in the left when not passing. it's just NOT DONE. this was beaten into our heads before we went.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey