U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 07:05 PM

171 posts, read 349,118 times
Default Creekside Manor in Secaucus

Anyone visited the complex and what do you all think?

What's everyone's feeling on Secaucus? Flash flood potential? Anything else I should be aware of? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 08:58 PM

Bump. Want to see if anyone have comments before putting in my deposit.

Thanks !!

Old 09-18-2009, 05:42 PM

1,919 posts, read 2,743,009 times
Just getting out of the north end is a pain in the butt every morning.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:59 AM

2 posts, read 5,126 times
HI va-jc,

Have you prchased and living in the property ar creekside manor? I'm looking to buy a town house there. Would love to hear your experiences there, pros and cons. Is it worth buying?

Thanks!!

Old 09-03-2010, 03:48 PM

Can't comment on the quality of the home but here are a few things to consider about the site:

Koelle Blvd. is one of two main roads into and out of the high school/middle school complex. Traffic is heavy when school is going in and letting out.

Summer you have the pool. I don't think the rec center is much of a factor.

You have the sewage treatment plant a hundred yards of so away from the site.

Flooding was never an issue with the area.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:35 PM

2 posts, read 5,126 times
hi rscalzo,
thanks so much for your reply. you think having a sewage treatment plant near by is any way a disadvantage to live there? will it have any effect on health conditions?

Old 09-06-2010, 07:28 AM

It's more an aesthetic attitude than health. They built that way back in the 60's and it has never been a problem. At times there is a smell that comes from the area but it isn't from the plant but from the meadow areas. It was always noticeable from the Mill Creek area but not as noticeable from the Koelle Blvd area. Friends lived in the area for many years and still do and I never heard them complain.

More of a "you live next to a sewerage treatment plant !!!!!. To tell you the truth, most out of towner's (and some residents) could ride by and not know what it was. The treatment tanks are not that high and in the rear of the plant.

Not that it's an issue but in the sense of total disclosure, many years back (50's and 60's) the town dump was in that area. Currently the ball fields on Mill Ridge Road occupy the area. Back then dumping certainly was not controlled. Never heard of a problem with hazardous waste ever being found but you might want to verify.

You could also tell people a Springsteen video was shot right around the corner!

Any questions just ask..

Old 09-06-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudarshank View Post
hi rscalzo,
thanks so much for your reply. you think having a sewage treatment plant near by is any way a disadvantage to live there? will it have any effect on health conditions?
It's been great living here. Aside from occasional smell from the 'swamp', everything has been on par or better than what we expected. Tax is the only concern at this point but tax is the concern everywhere in NJ now.

There is only one unit that is up for sale (that I know of) so I assume you are talking about that one, which is two year old I think but has all the bells and whistles that I didn't go for (hardwood floor for one).

I haven't run into the school traffic yet so I'll have to find out when the school is in session. Pool traffic is not a problem. I'm not sure what ethnicity are you but almost half of the community is of indian decent. Given the big families that everyone have, guest parking could become crowded but its not really an issue with the entire gym parking at your disposal. I drive to Journal Square to park at parking lot to get into the city, I found that to be the quickest and most convenient option for me as I work down town NY ($150 + 2x54 path). Other options may work better for you if you do work in NYC, which is the bus (119) out in Patterson Plank or take the shuttle (I notice some in the community take this option in the morning) to the train station or the town center then go from there. I haven't notice much of anything from the treatment plant and I'm not concern about it because I filter my water in case that is what you worry about. I don't know exactly if that will have any effects though long term so that is something you may or may not consider.

About the house itself, I found the quality to be slightly lacking as there are pockets of bubbles in the carpeting, windows not installed perfectly in line, cracks in the walls and occasional squeak on the ground that I hope won't get worst over time. Though I'm not happy about those issues, they are all stuff that I can correct so it's not that big of deal. If you want to talk about it, you can send me a PM (I did get it but I choose to respond in public because it may help people to decide in the future).

Old 09-06-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I haven't notice much of anything from the treatment plant and I'm not concern about it because I filter my water
It has nothing to do with the drinking water. It simply treats the water coming in from the storm sewers. As I said, in actuality it isn't a problem. It's just that some have an issue with one so close.

School traffic is limited to at best an hour in the am and pm. Starts Tuesday) If you leave by 7:30am you miss it. Returning from work they are gone. Free events at the pool draw big crowds but that only happens a few times a year.

i would take VA-jc up on his offer to discuse the stucture quality as that I have no idea about.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:55 PM

I meant 122. I just took a walk out to the bus stops on Patterson Plank today and found out that it's 122 and not 119. There is also 129 and 190 out in the shopping center in town that goes to NYC. There is also a 2 to Journal Square if you want to take the Path. But I found the bus to be a major inconvenience.

rscalzo, I'll find out about the school traffic tomorrow =). Hopefully it won't be too bad. Avoid Hubber right?

Last edited by va-jc; 09-06-2010 at 09:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey