Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 10:18 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,260 times

Advertisements

That makes no sense. Is NJ News 12 and NJN still covering news for the whole entire state of Jersey? In Northern Jersey, we have NYC news on our local networks. I guess the government doesn't want people to know what's going in within their own state or neighborhoods. SMH. That is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 10:31 PM

4,285 posts, read 10,762,440 times
Because all of NJ is lumped in with other markets. North Jersey and northern half of central jersey are lumped into NYC news, South Jersey is covered by Philly markets.

only towns really in between are the towns near the beach and NW jersey (which is taken care of in Scranton to some extent)

Old 09-01-2009, 06:50 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,952,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
That makes no sense. Is NJ News 12 and NJN still covering news for the whole entire state of Jersey? In Northern Jersey, we have NYC news on our local networks. I guess the government doesn't want people to know what's going in within their own state or neighborhoods. SMH. That is ridiculous.
NJ 12 does a pretty good job of covering New Jersey IMO.

I agree though, I don't watch any of the major NY outlets. What do I care about something that happened out in Brooklyn or Queens or Long Island?

Old 09-01-2009, 07:06 AM

861 posts, read 2,717,006 times
Not only does News 12 do a good job covering NJ news, but ABC/NBC/CBS do as well. They cover the TRI-state area. Whenever something major has happened in my neck of the woods, like the Denville cop who killed the teenager while in pursuit... or even something ridiculous, like the people who thought they saw a UFO in Morris Plains.... it was all picked up on the major network news programs.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:30 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,952,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLynn822 View Post
Not only does News 12 do a good job covering NJ news, but ABC/NBC/CBS do as well. They cover the TRI-state area. Whenever something major has happened in my neck of the woods, like the Denville cop who killed the teenager while in pursuit... or even something ridiculous, like the people who thought they saw a UFO in Morris Plains.... it was all picked up on the major network news programs.
Yeah, that's true, but you have to suffer through hearing about yet another shooting in Brooklyn or Queens to get to that.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:37 AM

861 posts, read 2,717,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
Yeah, that's true, but you have to suffer through hearing about yet another shooting in Brooklyn or Queens to get to that.
I guess I never really found it boring. I mean, it's not *that* far... I do know people there....

Old 09-01-2009, 09:33 AM

1,014 posts, read 2,887,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLynn822 View Post
I guess I never really found it boring. I mean, it's not *that* far... I do know people there....
Very credited. Arbitrary man-made political boundaries do not coincide with what I would consider my "home" or my "area". Things that happen in Queens or Nassau do have an effect on me, even if I live in Bergen County and I am very interesting in the day's news from all the corners of the metro area.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:46 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
I have found that WWOR "MY 9" news at 11pm seems to cover the most NJ related news. The station is licensed to Secaucus so this makes sense. I like News 12, but unfortunately that is only available to Cablevision and Comcast subscribers. You won't find News 12 on Verizon or satellite. Verizon just started their own "Fios 1" local news channel which focuses entirely on NJ news.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:36 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
And people wonder why New Jerseyians have such pissy attitudes and always feel disrespected.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:44 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
does anything interesting enough happen to devote a channel to local stuff? id like that if there was anything worth watching. i pretty much will only put on foxnews but sometimes they interview people about their random bs and i cant stand that in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey