U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-02-2009, 03:10 PM

4,912 posts, read 5,972,056 times
Default Corzine (How low can you go)

The man knows no shame. Happen to catch a new commercial today where they're now talking about Christie for not reporting the $46,000 loan to a co-worker and not claiming the interest earned on the loan.

Clear case of Corzine on crack.

Maybe he should talk about screwing (literally Karla Katz) while he gave her 6 million dollars. Paid off her brother-in-law (while claiming he did nothing wrong) for $350,000 and where the hell are those emails.

At this point anyone who votes for him deserves it up the butt.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 03:18 PM

22 posts, read 39,495 times
I thought these are typical for a democrat.

Sean

Old 09-02-2009, 03:33 PM

19 posts, read 24,517 times
I am voting for Chris Daggett anyway.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:38 PM

1,057 posts, read 371,632 times
Well, Corzine obviously can't run on his record as governor, so what else is there, really? You try to chip away at your opponent's strong point (ethics) and hope your base comes through.

For Corzine, yes, obviously he'll get the support of the North Jersey and Camden County Democratic machines, but the casual Democrats in the suburbs are probably sick enough of him to give Corzine-lite (Christie) a chance. If only Lonegan had won the primary, we could've had the chance at REAL change in this state.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:28 PM

7,646 posts, read 10,703,434 times
Maybe Tahiti can merge this thread with the "Spraying For Termites" thread.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:31 PM

11,505 posts, read 19,877,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
Well, Corzine obviously can't run on his record as governor, so what else is there, really? You try to chip away at your opponent's strong point (ethics) and hope your base comes through.

For Corzine, yes, obviously he'll get the support of the North Jersey and Camden County Democratic machines, but the casual Democrats in the suburbs are probably sick enough of him to give Corzine-lite (Christie) a chance. If only Lonegan had won the primary, we could've had the chance at REAL change in this state.
GASP! How can you insult the CHRISTie like that?

Old 09-02-2009, 06:46 PM

6,825 posts, read 3,648,012 times
Default think anyone will notice?

New anti Christie ad - "Chris Christie. One set of rules for himself. Another for everyone else."

Self defeating ad decrying CC had to originate with Tim Guitner getting a free pass on his tax returns. And then!!!! And Then....Tim is placed in charge of the IRS and vows to nail tax cheats!!!! What were they thinking !!? Fire those ad men, they must have crossed over with Arlen Spector, ran out of imagination and forgot what side they were on!!

Taken in that context, "One set of rules for himself. Another for everyone else.", appears to announce a new policy change for Dem standard operating procedure. Electorate memory is short but not that short.

As far as CC's short commings, they pale in comparison to JC's demonstrated performance and failed attempt at filling Nj's leadership vacuum.

Following in the philosophy of PO's promise of change, replete with exceptional leadership choices.....that is, makingexceptions to bypass lobbyist rules and tax cheat indiscretions, we need to elect CC, warts and all. The president says so!

Guess the NJ dems never got the memo. Keep up the good work!

Old 09-02-2009, 09:38 PM

171 posts, read 337,447 times
When these ad turns into attacks on others and not on what they can do for the citizens, I stop listening.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:39 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,396,899 times
Corzine reeks of desperation right now. I think he doesn't know that no amount of money he can throw into this can win him the election.

I think my biggest pet peeve is when people take municpal and state legislators and associate them with GW Bush. Because, as we all know, a city assemblyman, a state senator and a governor are always in tight cahoots with how the federal government is run and vice versa.

After Labor Day, this is just going to get nasty.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:49 AM

554 posts, read 917,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
Corzine reeks of desperation right now. I think he doesn't know that no amount of money he can throw into this can win him the election.

I think my biggest pet peeve is when people take municpal and state legislators and associate them with GW Bush. Because, as we all know, a city assemblyman, a state senator and a governor are always in tight cahoots with how the federal government is run and vice versa.

After Labor Day, this is just going to get nasty.
It was nasty last time Corzine ran... I don't think I've seen a single ad out of Corzine that says anything good about himself, it's all negative. I think I saw one ad with Obama (how bad is it when the President needs to get involved with a Governor race?) talking about how Corzine did good things with NJ schools. I need to do some research but I was under the impression NJ has had good schools for far longer than Corzine was Governor. I still like the little Indian PhD that ran last time... "a 10% increase to the Homestead rebate? What the HELL am I going to do with $30?"... and he was the one to say "there's only 1 way to lower taxes... spend less money". He also called the Republican candidate on his statements about knowing how to fix the state... "you're already in the state assembly and we have to elect you Governor before you'll share your secrets on fixing the state?" There was too much truth in his words, too bad he doesn't have Bloomberg's money.

****all quotes were paraphrased****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey