Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 12:34 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,091,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanne View Post
I've been to the Englishtown Flea Market several times, but I've never been to the Columbus. Can you tell me where it is?
Here is their website:
Index

Have not been to the Englishtown flea market but would love to go. Columbus is great.It can get pretty hot during the summer time and when I do got, try to arrive around 7am to get good parking the avoid the crowds.

BTW, aside from Thursdays, Sunday mornings are great too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 07:06 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,922,529 times
OK- I'm heading to Columbus on Thursday- if the weather is nice- where do I park? I'll be taking Rt 70 to 206 north-also- where are the clean bathrooms located? thanks!

Old 09-08-2009, 07:28 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,747,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit82 View Post
OK- I'm heading to Columbus on Thursday- if the weather is nice- where do I park? I'll be taking Rt 70 to 206 north-also- where are the clean bathrooms located? thanks!
Columbus is surrounded by open fields and trees. You'll be able to see where you need to park as you get closer to one of the two entrances. You can park directly in front of the building and walk through to the outside or park on the left side of the flea market in the field. There aren't any markers to remember where the heck you parked, count your rows! I've never used the bathrooms; they're located in the building.

I think most of the used/vintage/antique items are closer to the rear of the market. Newer stuff is up front. There's also new buildings next to the Columbus Flea that sell antiques; I haven't been to the market since these opened.

Have fun and find many bargains and good food!

Old 09-08-2009, 07:34 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,747,317 times
There used to be a food truck in the back of the market that made breakfast pizzas in the morning. . .scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese on a pizza crust. It was good, but now I'm allergic to eggs.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:08 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh5 View Post
Columbus is open Thurs., Fri., Sat., and Sun. Thursday is the big sale day, not sure if the buildings are open on Friday, and the Amish section is closed on Sunday. If you can, go on Thursday.
inside is open thurs-sunday and outside is always open meaning vendors are free to sell outside but more vendors are there thursday and i think sunday.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:11 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,876 times
ha. there are 2 set of bathrooms inside, one at the corner of the 'L' of the building, and the other one is closer by the amish part near a hair/wigs shop between 2 doors, it's hidden so I go to that one when there are tons of guys peeing all over the only one they think exist

Old 09-09-2009, 07:46 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,503 times
Smile Best Flea Market

Just my 2 cents.

I agree. Englishtown is much more "dirty". To quote my Dad "the junkpiles" are near the end cause the rent is cheaper. If they set up late in the day they get the table for free. And to be true to his word, they are indeed many many junk - piles- literally. I feel that Englishtown is is at the bottom of the list for flea markets but its just as bad as the little one on rt. 537 in New Egypt (now that's one scarey place)

IMO: Go to Columbus. It's cleaner, organized and the "quality" of their vendors/junkpiles are much better.

Here's my comparison: an average Junkpile in Englishtown is a the contents of a flooded out basement. Its gritty & cateres to a "different" crowd. When you price something at .50 cents they will toss you a quarter. The tables of "hot" items are easy to spot. You know, the stuff that fell of the back of a truck. Its usually an out-of-state license plates with a well dressed vendor with too much perfume/after shave.

In contrast, the average Junkpile vendor in Columbus is a middle class family cleaning out their garage/attic/basement or a middle aged person thats getting divorced & needs the cash. Throw in a few wannabe antique dealers and there you have it! I think the Amish section (indoor) at Columbus is interesting. I admit I like to watch them and wonder if I offered them a room w/ board if I could help the escape !!! I feel bad for them b/c they don't look happy. They look tired, overworked & miserable.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:48 PM

8 posts, read 18,833 times
I haven't been to that other market x-x So I can't really say but I do like Englishtown I work inside and outside : D
And go to Rockys Grill they have good food!

Old 10-05-2009, 08:05 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,257,577 times
Default Info on Flea Market

South Jersey Stix, thanks much for the info.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 5,108 times
I'd have to say that I like Englishtown better. It's certainly bigger: with over 2,000 outside vendors and 300 indoor Shops. I find shopping there an adventure. I never leave empty handed. When the weather is bad it's fun to shop at the indoor stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey