U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-14-2009, 12:23 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,832,835 times
The problem I face is not wanting to vote for anyone whose primary means for garnering votes is telling you how bad the other guy is.

I know it WORKS, but I am hating these guys more and more with their exaggerated claims (Corzine would raise tolls by 9 BILLION percent!!!! Christie runs over NUNS IN INTERSECTIONS AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!!!!!)

Whatever, Any plans? Any solid plans that can be discussed and worked out or are we all going to keep pointing fingers?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 12:41 PM

467 posts, read 978,749 times
I sincerely hope that Corzine will be out in November...that's if the People of N.J. finally wake UP!!

Old 09-14-2009, 02:09 PM

7,290 posts, read 4,036,413 times
Default A vote for Jon is a vote for Obama

Jon is critical to carry out the OA's agenda in NJ. Jon must be re-elected if PO's promise of 'change' is to be realized.

Make your choice.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:46 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,832,835 times
Um, what kind of inflamatory political statement was that?

"The OA's agenda"??!? Are you going to start accusing him of goose-stepping next? Please refrain from unsubstantiated slander slinging in a political discussion. Both candidates have their own ups and downs, and Christie is the one trying to capitalize on the whole "change" slogan that Obama won with.

Can ANY forum have a political discussion w/o someone coming on and smearing the windows we all have to look out of at our candidates?

Old 09-14-2009, 03:45 PM

86 posts, read 147,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I am with you on everything in your post
I am just so soured with politicians as a whole I wonder if voted in if Christie will be any better In any case that bearded bafoon in a sweater vest isn't getting my vote
I agree...make no mistake by my post, I am neither a Dem or a Republican, I am a taxpayer and lifelong citizen of NJ. I think both parties have turned into huge corporations with their major focus being re-election.

We the people need to send a message this November to our "elected" officials that THEY are the one's that put "us" in this hole...and THEY should be held accountable...Democrats and Republicans alike.

Our entire Assembly is up for re-election...I am praying that the taxpayers and voters of NJ vote AGAINST every incumbant Legislator...the entire Assembly and Governor Corzine.

I am hopeful that Christie will represent the people of NJ rather than the special interesty groups. I am also hopeful that Mr. Christie will have some ethical backbone and address the culture of corruption that has been allowed to flourish in NJ.

If not...then he needs to go in 4 years also.

Hopefully if we start to hold the Politicians accountable for their actions, we can save NJ!

Old 09-14-2009, 03:47 PM

7,290 posts, read 4,036,413 times
Default huh?

PO doesn't have an agenda?
Then what was he campaigning on?
PO didn't have his arm around JC at a recent rally?
JC and PO are not of the same party and same agenda?

Slander is something more akin to your self appointed censorship.
Stick with the issues not the chacter of the poster.
Fantasy, accusations and conspiracy are the argument of depleted rationale. Now you are on the sidelines watching others debate the issues.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:49 PM

4,086 posts, read 4,935,911 times
I'd be willing to vote for the independent guy who sent me a flyer in the mail, if I knew that he had a chance of winning because Republicans wouldn't blindly vote for Christie. But, I can tell Republicans are so riled up in NJ this year that they're going partisan all the way, so I will be voting for Corzine since, as bad as he is, he is still better than Christie.

So this is great news, that Christie is going to lose.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:50 PM

4,086 posts, read 4,935,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Jon is critical to carry out the OA's agenda in NJ. Jon must be re-elected if PO's promise of 'change' is to be realized.

Make your choice.
All the more reason Corzine is the only logical choice.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:02 PM

1,645 posts, read 2,043,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I'd be willing to vote for the independent guy who sent me a flyer in the mail, if I knew that he had a chance of winning because Republicans wouldn't blindly vote for Christie. But, I can tell Republicans are so riled up in NJ this year that they're going partisan all the way, so I will be voting for Corzine since, as bad as he is, he is still better than Christie.

Saying Corzine "is still better than Christie" is fairly ignorant when Christie has not yet even had a chance. Corzine has had his chance and has done nothing. The only time he'll get off his ass is when he is doing something to further harm the state.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:03 PM

4,657 posts, read 5,420,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post

Then you get what you deserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey