U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 06:15 AM

1 posts, read 4,375 times
Default Moving To Roselle From Ny

Hi
My wife and I are plannin to move from NYC to NJ. We do not have much money and we want to live somewhere nice. Is Roselle a nice place? I see that they have affordable homes. Please any input that you can give is helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 08:09 PM

2,093 posts, read 3,550,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asleepmike View Post
Hi
My wife and I are plannin to move from NYC to NJ. We do not have much money and we want to live somewhere nice. Is Roselle a nice place? I see that they have affordable homes. Please any input that you can give is helpful.
Roselle like any other town in jersey has it's nice area's and some not so nice
it depends on where exactly you are looking

Old 05-04-2007, 10:58 AM

19 posts, read 88,926 times
I live in Roselle Park. I would recommend that you also consider this town in addition to Roselle.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:24 AM

6 posts, read 14,225 times
Roselle homes may seem affordable but the TAXES are the HIGHEST in Union County!
Although Roselle spends more per student than any other town in Union County - Roselle schools have some of the LOWEST TEST SCORES IN THE STATE!
At this time Roselle is planning to borrow upwards of $20,000,000.00 to build a new football field and centralized kindergarten building right next to the firehouse.
ADD THAT $20M ONTO YOUR TAX BILL!
The only schools worth anything are Saint Josephs for grammar school and Roselle Catholic, a regional high school. Both are costly.
Don't think of Roselle if you want an education for your kids or if you want to have a reasonable housing expense.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:04 PM

4 posts, read 7,825 times
i am also am moving from nyc can u recommend some areas to look into?

Old 11-22-2009, 08:33 AM

54 posts, read 138,622 times
Default Try Kenilworth, Union, or Roselle Park.

As another poster said, there are some nice areas of Roselle and some not nice so areas. If you have kids, I would not suggest it because the town seems to be on the decline. I work there and know residents who haved lived there for 40 years and are very sad what has happened. Also, a lot of unsafe things happen there that the general public may not know about. I think Roselle Park would also be a better. The school system is trying to get better and they have a new super, but I think it is going to take awhile to see if these efforts really make changes.

Also, the taxes are really bad and the families I work used to be able to afford for their homes, but do to taxes are really having a hard time now.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,420 times
I would also recommend Roselle Park - have family who has lived there for over 50 years and it's still safe and very affordable.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,640 times
Roselle NJ is a total rip off. The taxes are outrageous, and the property values are low. Take my house and drop it into the center of Cranford, the taxes would go down as the value would go up. The schools are atrocious. I hate it here, You get NOTHING for your tax dollars. Roselle is an abomination.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:58 PM

3,350 posts, read 4,781,239 times
While almost anything is better than NYC in my opinion you have some good suggestions and advice above.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:50 PM

2 posts, read 2,422 times
I'm thinking about moving to roselle nj, what area would be good to move to? I have a 14 year old son and I like a muti- cultural area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey