Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 10:02 AM

17 posts, read 28,781 times

Advertisements

Thanks NPS777. I will keep you posted and do appreciate your input.

Take Care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 02:15 PM

82 posts, read 303,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinkaps View Post
Hi KL72/rest of the members,

I have been looking at Cubberly Meadows and wanted to see if there was any home for resale in the community? We are interested in Turnberry or Pembroke.

Thanks,

KT
Hi, just to come back to this, there are no homes for resale that I have been able to discover.

However, there are several 'quick delivery' homes, 3 pembrokes and a cambridge, that you might want to look at.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPS777 View Post
Hi Chinkaps, I just picked a lot at Cubberly. We were considering the one that KL72 is referring to with the water retention pond in the back but were worried about the wildlife and water entering the house so decided to go with another lot. I think its the only one without a lot premium. Good luck! If you go there, I'd love to hear what you think of the pond!!
The lots in the back (southwest corner) that are near the retention basin are the following. You can look at the map at the Hallmark website to see which lots these are:

LOT 11.12/4.01
LOT 11.10/4.01
LOT 11.13/4.01

Old 01-15-2015, 09:37 AM

Thanks KL72. This is very helpful. I appreciate your help

Old 01-18-2015, 03:10 PM

Hello KL72,

Based on your feedback regarding retention basin, we are considering Lot 5/4.04 (17 Sapphire Road) and wanted to see if that was a good lot? I do know that they mentioned there was a pipeline running close through the house.

I would appreciate any feedback you may have regarding this lot?

Thanks for your help.

I appreciate it

KT

Old 01-18-2015, 04:25 PM

Hi KT,

With any lot, you want to ask to see the specs for any easements that might be on it. This will tell you what you have to work with in terms of where the easements are and if any will disrupt future plans for finishing your front or back yards. You would have to come into the sales office to review those details. Ask for the lot topology so you can see it first hand.

I think the lot overall looks good, especially if you want to avoid paying a lot premium. For me, I would rather select a larger lot such as 6.01 or 7.01 if you are OK paying a bit more.

Lots that back to woods give you more privacy and many people would definitely prefer them over any others, but you have to be one of those people who can tolerate being close to large trees and the things that live in them. Personally, I prefer lots backed to woods for the privacy and have no problems with it. But again they are a premium and some times there is some easement on it, especially if the woods are protected swamp lands. See lot 11.15 or 11.21 (which is small but has even more privacy since you only have one neighbor).

In my opinion, LOT 11.13 is the best lot in the community despite the basin being in nearby proximity. I do think, however, that there is a contract on it for a Cambridge (will close over $1M).

Good luck!

Old 01-19-2015, 01:15 PM

Thanks KL72. This is very helpful

KT

Old 01-19-2015, 07:47 PM

Hello everyone,

We are looking in a lot that has an easement with water pipes running through underneath in the lot. I was told by the sales office that there are few lots in the development that have easement with pipes running through them. I wanted to see if any of the members here who may have purchased a lot with easement in the past had any hesitations with having easement on the lot with water pipes.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated?

Thanks,
KT

Old 01-28-2015, 09:04 AM

Hi KL72,

We are narrowing down on the lot and are looking at the quick delivery home. Based on what I read here, the builder usually is delayed with delivery! Given the lot we are looking at is already framed, what is the lead time for the builder to deliver once the house is framed? The sales office mentioned that they will put 12 months on the contract and I am trying to get a realistic idea on when the house will be ready?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

KT

Old 01-28-2015, 09:48 AM

12 months sounds about right, you might even get it within 10 months. Generally for new builds (not quick delivery), delivery is in the range of 14-16 months. So with the sticks up I would think the rest could happen 10-12 months.

Edit: Just checked with a 'future community member' and he had signed on a quick delivery house about a year ago and he is almost ready to close (waiting on the CO). When he signed a year ago, they were just about to break ground. So taking this into consideration, he and I think it's more like 10 months pending how many changes you want made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey