Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2009, 01:31 PM

2,731 posts, read 6,117,107 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever been to the festival? It sounds like fun and I'd love to go but I'm wondering if it's impossible to get to. Any tips on where to park and where to avoid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 01:53 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,918,167 times
I've been there a whole bunch of times. The seafood festival is cool, but it's become very, very crowded in recent years. It's not as chaotic as Belmar's festival, but expect a big crowd. Still, it's fun and you can try all kinds of new foods you otherwise might not eat. The craft and art fair they have alongside it is pretty similar to other events of that genre, though this one is pretty big. It's a good place to find gifts.

There's a beer garden over at the Elks lodge, so if you want to have a few drinks, that's a good place to stop. Lots of fun over there, and the money goes to their disabled children's activities. They've been advertising a wine garden this year too, in our local papers.

Parking is tough. They actually have shuttles running, so that could be a good option for you. Personally, I'd try to find a space in the paid lot at the end of Arnold Ave. by the ocean and the lake. That's one of the biggest in town and I believe one of the shuttles goes from there.

There's more info here if you'd like: Point Pleasant Beach Chamber of Commerce, New Jersey 08742

Old 09-18-2009, 01:55 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,292,189 times
Boy, oh boy. Homesick again. Have a ball.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:09 PM

144 posts, read 449,305 times
I go there every year with friends but can't make it this year. Lots of crafts, food etc. I usually go there later to avoid the crowd, buy a couple bottles of wine and head o Spano's for dinner. Afterwards, we all head to the Tiki bar for drinks and music, life just doesn't get any better than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey