Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2009, 09:13 AM

2 posts, read 5,979 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find the best and fastest route to commute to Manhattan from Mullica Hill, NJ. I live near the Commodore Barry Bridge and near Exit 2 of the NJ Turnpike. Can anyone make suggestions of the best route? Also, how long does it take to get to Manhattan (Penn Station) from Mullica Hill, NJ? Thanks for any suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 10:33 AM

1,289 posts, read 6,095,739 times
The easiest route is to drive straight up the NJ Turnpike. I have done that drive multiple times from Florida and if I recall the beginning of the NJ Turnpike to NYC with no traffic is about 2 hours.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:35 AM

250 posts, read 905,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiDeeDoll View Post
I am trying to find the best and fastest route to commute to Manhattan from Mullica Hill, NJ. I live near the Commodore Barry Bridge and near Exit 2 of the NJ Turnpike. Can anyone make suggestions of the best route? Also, how long does it take to get to Manhattan (Penn Station) from Mullica Hill, NJ? Thanks for any suggestions!
I'd suggest Greyhound-Mt.Laurel. Greyhound has the best frequency, the ride is nonstop, and parking is free in Mt.Laurel.

Greyhound is at exit 4 - NJ Turnpike, Exit 36 I-295.

Cons:
1. They ask for your identification to book a ticket, and the agents get surly if you book a ticket within a hour of the bus.
2. Station sometimes closes before the last bus to NY. Problem if you haven't bought your ticket yet.
3. Bus may be late, or bus hits traffic by Turnpike and up by New York at the tunnel.
4. In NY, sometimes they do a body search of passengers before entering bus. Makes little sense that Greyhound inspects you after you leave New York, rather than entering New York. And, the agents are generally rude.
5. Difficult changing seat, when a person next to you has BO, on a full bus.
6. Bus too full, i.e. no seat (hasn't happened to me, but I hear it happens).

Generally though, bus to New York is pretty reasonable, since there is high frequency, and if you have the ticket well ahead of time. It's taking a bus from Mt.Laurel to Balt/DC that's not, since frequency is a lot less.

The above hassle you don't experience with the train. The train, NJ Transit Hamilton, is by exit 65B of I-295. The train however makes a number of stops, and the duration would be overall considerably longer, assuming you're not encountering rush hour traffic by your alternate route, driving or taking the bus.

Last edited by subwayfan; 09-21-2009 at 10:43 AM..

Old 01-28-2018, 12:57 PM

3 posts, read 3,366 times
Did anyone find any further info regarding this? We are thinking of purchasing in Mullica Hill but we are concerned about the commute to NYC where we work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. DiDee did it work out for you to take the greyhound?

Old 01-28-2018, 03:07 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,310,068 times
Greyhound is still the best option in my opinion.

Why Mullica Hill if you're working in NYC? Are you planning to find work in Philly?

Old 01-28-2018, 04:10 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,628,408 times
Start traveling northeast and eventually you’ll be in Manhattan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey