Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 10:54 PM

702 posts, read 1,571,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESHambone View Post
Gimme a break pal with the dramatics! All I was saying that davenj2009's point was that he was probably just trying to be optimistic about this whole crappy situation...ok?
ESHAMBONE,
Wow sorry dude are you ok?

Let me rephrase what I said earlier...

How about if I just say "Fair Enough" is that better?

I understand the whole being "optimistic about this whole crappy situation" thing while waiting for H.R.3548 to be approved. Heck if anyone has emphasized trying to be positive and not dwelling on the negative with post's it's me.

I personally just don't agree that was Daven's point but he did admit not being able to explain himself well which in a forum that is all about sharing opinions, Ideas and thoughts puts him at a disadvantage of always having to explain himself further and being misinterpreted.

Now I personally don't want 20 weeks at the expense of others (not to say that you do so I am sorry if my post read that way). I tend to try and put myself in the shoes of those people worse off than me. If I am one of them, them being for example a person who is nearing a 3rd month with no income having to beg family & friends to take them in till they can get on their feet then I don't take any solace from the idea of an extra 7 weeks.

I know some call it dramatics but if I started posting all the negative things that I have read that come from being unable to be gainfully employed. I think people would call it reality.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:14 PM

180 posts, read 452,067 times
Mr. North Jersey, I was just a bit miffed because it seemed to me like you were making it out like I was insensitive to those who are homeless or starving because of this whole situation and that couldn't be further from the truth!! I wish they would pass the extension law NOW to help all of the people who need help right now or soon will! I was just trying to stick up for davenj2009 because I really think he was trying to be optimistic in the face of this terrible situation. And yes I have read many of your posts and I know that you too as well try to be optimistic ( and I like many others here appreciate all of the info you bring to this forum). I'm not trying to start a fight and I don't want to derail from the intent of this helpful forum...Anyway, let's hope they pass this bill this week because that can't be soon enough for most people on this board..Good luck to everyone!

Old 10-13-2009, 11:37 PM

33 posts, read 69,786 times
What makes me more angry then anything else is that the senate had no problem quickly passing the bill for 4.6 BILLION dollars to give themselves a raise. (read between the lines? the rich get richer!).....No question from them about where THAT funding will come from?! Selfish ***holes! It doesn't matter if we starve and lose our homes, as long as THEY'RE comfortable....GEEZ

Old 10-14-2009, 12:05 AM

3,814 posts, read 11,976,173 times
Default Please Learn the City-Data Guidelines and Apply Them

Hey, people! It's apparent that there is hysteria and anger brewing out there, but this thread is not the place for it.

For the newbies -- please be aware that the rules of City-Data require that threads stay on topic. The topic here is "Unemployment Benefits: extensions after EB, Part 3."

In the last 120 posts here, about 12 actually had a substantive statement about the next extension -- either a news development or an opinion substantiated by publicly available documentation.

That means that 90% of the posts in the last 2-3 days were venting, rants, speculation based on no facts, arguments about speculations based on no facts, an off-color joke, and threats of violence again Republicans -- many in very insulting language. All of this is off topic and sufficient to have the thread closed down by a moderator.

There is a reason why this thread is "Part 3" -- "Part 1" and "Part 2" were closed down by a moderator for fewer violations than we currently have here.

If you value the solid information that is being squeezed in by those contributors who have track records for being consistently reliable, you'll want to maintain this thread.

So give all the griping, etc., a rest -- or start a separate thread for it.

Use this thread when you have something of substance to contribute.

Last edited by diorgirl; 10-14-2009 at 12:21 AM..

Old 10-14-2009, 12:07 AM

348 posts, read 707,039 times
More like money geezers!!!!

Old 10-14-2009, 01:21 AM

37 posts, read 88,206 times
GOP Blocks Extension of Unemployment Insurance (Again) « The Washington Independent

GOP Blocks Extension of Unemployment Insurance (Again)
By Mike Lillis 10/13/09 7:14 PM

Last week, Senate Democratic leaders rolled out a proposal to extend unemployment insurance by 14 weeks — with an extra six weeks thrown in for those states where jobless figures have topped 8.5 percent — only to have Republicans block the measure on the chamber floor.
Well, today it happened again.
According to the office of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), Democrats on Tuesday asked for consent to pass the bill, only to be shot down by GOP leaders.
The Wall Street Journal is reporting (http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20091013-714527.html - broken link) that Republicans aren’t objecting to the extension, but to how it’s funded. (The Democrats’ plan would tap an expiring surtax on businesses, while the Republicans want to use unspent money from the stimulus bill.)
The House has already passed its version of the extension. With unemployment numbers creeping up each month, the pressure’s on the Senate to work out a deal quickly.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:40 AM

138 posts, read 319,137 times
democrats need to bow out on this one, let the babies have their bottle. Who cares where the funding comes from as long as its covered.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:17 AM

10 posts, read 19,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESHambone View Post
Gimme a break pal with the dramatics! All I was saying that davenj2009's point was that he was probably just trying to be optimistic about this whole crappy situation...ok?
Dramatics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is real SH**!!!!!!!I'm allready homeless and 2 the point where I have 2 steal food so my 3 children 5,6 and 9 can eat.So I dont want to hear about dramatics.YOU WALK IN MY SHOES FOR A WEEK THEN TELL ME IF WE PEOPLE SHOULD JUST SIT BACK AND WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-14-2009, 05:31 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impissed View Post
Dramatics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is real SH**!!!!!!!I'm allready homeless and 2 the point where I have 2 steal food so my 3 children 5,6 and 9 can eat.So I dont want to hear about dramatics.YOU WALK IN MY SHOES FOR A WEEK THEN TELL ME IF WE PEOPLE SHOULD JUST SIT BACK AND WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
did you read my PM??? That is private message?

Old 10-14-2009, 05:46 AM

10 posts, read 19,814 times
I'm sorry 4 venting guys.It just bothers me when I hear that we should WAIT and be patient.Well I have been PATIENT and WAITING since AUGUST.Do you know where that got me?Well let me tell you.....I lost my home,my car,my self esteem,I lost EVERYTHING!!!And NO I dont have any family,all I have is 3 children,by myself my wife passed in july,so these last couple of months have been hard on me.I'm tired of hearing wait.When my children say daddy we're hungry am I supposed to tell them to wait?NO I"M GOING TO GET THEM FOOD BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.......I'm not the only one out here homeless because of this recession, but I'm speaking for us all.WE"VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE...All I'm saying is be more sensitive about some things you say.Maybe some of you have enough money that you can wait on these senators,but just as many of us dont.WE're allready where you FEAR YOU WILL BE IF SOMETHING DOESNT HAPPEN SOON...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment