Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 07:47 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,579,086 times

Advertisements

Ok heres one funny story.........
I get my Christmas tree one year from a lot and it gets chopped down.........Didn't take the usual farm trip.
Put the tree up......put lights on it. Sit back and enjoy its glory.........emmmhummm.
All of a sudden I see a shadow on the ceiling wall. It is a shadow of something creeping in the tree.
It has those "grasshopper" type knees, and it is looking like.......The shadow of........the stink bug!
I unplug the lights and spray the entire tree. It was either that or trudge it down and outside........
I know toxic, not good for my home, and just a poor idea........but........I did it.
Thank goodness, when I sat and gazed at the tree again.......no more shadows of those horrible bugs.
The tree was ready to glow.......
From that time on, I have returned to the tree farms, and had the tree shaken before coming home.
Darn experience freeked me out!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 12:31 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,792,470 times
Summering, that's great! I have a similar Christmas tree story, but I don't want to get too far off the topic of stink bugs. Lets just say it involved millions of baby spiders deciding to hatch when they encountered the holiday warmth of my home....
Still having cold-sweat nightmares about it 4 years later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey