Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 05:55 AM

783 posts, read 2,022,370 times

Advertisements

Kind of a depressing article. People just keep piling it on...if it isn't about property taxes, it's about the terrible schools. If it's not about the schools, it's about the corruption. Enjoy your daily "NJ sucks" article.

New Jersey places dead last in list of business friendly states -- DailyFinance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 06:05 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Hey, at least we can say we're #1 (in screwing the public).

Old 09-25-2009, 07:33 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,788,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
Kind of a depressing article. People just keep piling it on...if it isn't about property taxes, it's about the terrible schools. If it's not about the schools, it's about the corruption. Enjoy your daily "NJ sucks" article.

New Jersey places dead last in list of business friendly states -- DailyFinance
What terrible schools? You really know nothing about NJ, do you, other than what you choose to read elsewhere??

Where in NJ do you live??? My guess is nowhere.

Last edited by tahiti; 09-25-2009 at 12:40 PM..

Old 09-25-2009, 07:50 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
It seems in the article released by the Tax Foundation that one of the criteria was a tax increase in cigarettes, that negatively impacted a number of states. I am not exactly sure how that would make a state less business friendly, other than to the sellers of that product. The 'millionaires' tax, on the other hand, is a biggie. It seems as though NJ, Oregon and Hawaii enacted that code this past year, and it cost each state in the rankings.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
What terrible schools? You really know nothing about NJ, do you, other than what you choose to read elsewhere??

Where in NJ do you live??? My guess is nowhere.
Please visit Bloomfield to see NJ's award winning schools.

Last edited by tahiti; 09-25-2009 at 12:41 PM..

Old 09-25-2009, 09:07 AM

636 posts, read 1,423,939 times
You guys don’t get it, NJ politics are awesome! All states should run an inefficient beast that drives out productive citizens and companies and run up tremendous budget deficits!

Don’t you understand? We enact anti-business policies for the peeeeeeeeeeeeeeople. Just ignore the fact that companies are made of people who hire workers and trade with others. But hey, don’t you ever forget that NJ politicians are doing what’s in YOUR best interest! New Jersey, F YEAH!

Old 09-25-2009, 09:11 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,935,547 times
Quote:
Please visit Bloomfield to see NJ's award winning schools. Douche bag? What are you, 12? Grow up and show a little class.
What do you expect when you make a sweeping generalization that says "NJ schools are terrible" based on the schools in Bloomfield?

Old 09-25-2009, 09:11 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,788,073 times
Quote:
Please visit Bloomfield to see NJ's award winning schools. Douche bag? What are you, 12? Grow up and show a little class.

I still don't know why you'd call NJ schools "terrible" when you also boast of award-winning schools in (presumably) your own town. Maybe I just don't understand where you're coming from on this, I don't know.

Last edited by tahiti; 09-25-2009 at 12:41 PM..

Old 09-25-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I apologize for calling you a douche bag. You're right, it was a knee-jerk reaction and unwarranted.

I still don't know why you'd call NJ schools "terrible" when you also boast of award-winning schools in (presumably) your own town. Maybe I just don't understand where you're coming from on this, I don't know.
The "award winning schools" comment was obviously sarcastic. Bloomfield schools suck, despite extremely high property taxes. My comment about terrible schools isn't just my own. I'm sure you've heard it before. It's not that every single district in the state sucks, it's just that, considering the amount of tax dollars put into the system, other states do much better. I'm not bashing NJ for PA, but just using it as an example here. If you were to move to the Lehigh Valley you could find a house in a nice neighborhood for 1/3 the price of the same house in NJ, with much lower school taxes and a higher performing school district.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:32 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,935,547 times
Quote:
The "award winning schools" comment was obviously sarcastic. Bloomfield schools suck, despite extremely high property taxes. My comment about terrible schools isn't just my own. I'm sure you've heard it before. It's not that every single district in the state sucks, it's just that, considering the amount of tax dollars put into the system, other states do much better. I'm not bashing NJ for PA, but just using it as an example here. If you were to move to the Lehigh Valley you could find a house in a nice neighborhood for 1/3 the price of the same house in NJ, with much lower school taxes and a higher performing school district.
What are you talking about..... Most of the school districts in Lehigh Valley are poor when compared to NJ schools, even average NJ schools. Please show some specifics that back up the claims you make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey