Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2009, 10:54 AM

652 posts, read 1,784,687 times

Advertisements

Best Buy had my computer and I was doing other stuff too. BB sucks BTW, don't spend your money there.

I am trying to get my file from DYFS. They had me in custody for 5-9 years depending on if you believe me or them.
I am working through the GRC OPRA denial appeal process. This week my case has gone from "I'm almost done, you should look on the schedule for this month or next", to "I haven't started yet".

IDK but something is hinky.

I know I'll get a lot of balogna about whatever imaginings this stirs up in haters, or those who immediatly think all people are up to no good when they point out impropriety, and I know I am taking a chance putting myself out there with this request but I'm kinda stuck for ideas at the mo.

I'm fairly sure I'll lose at the GRC whenever that happens, and I was before the change I percieved. I'm dead certain that if I win DYFS will appeal the decision, and even if they lose that appeal still refuse to give up the records. Or start denying they exist again. They have to keep them 99 years.

I'm looking for any advice from people who had similar experiences with DYFS and requesting their own records (I'm seeking my own file, medical mainly) Hopefully someone who succeeded will reply, fingers crossed. Does such an animal exist?:-} Has anyone ever succeeded against DYFS in a records denial case?
Any honest support will be appreciated.

Because I know this is coming;
I have tried to hire an attorney, it isn't as easy as it sounds. Apparently if they don't see a way to sue the State for money successfully based on about three to five questions asked in stacatto form during the answer to the previous question, they don't want it.
Maybe I just don't sell it right. either way I've tried to get a lawyer w/o success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey