U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 03:28 PM

2,901 posts, read 5,115,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
- sure, let's make her paranoid when she simply has good instincts.
She made a topic for insight and that's what she got, most posters haven't gave her much. If someone followed me taking my neice to school once and then 2 weeks later I'd worry about it.

To the OP,

Ask your daughter about any guests at school who talked to her, maybe u'll get a lead from that..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 03:47 PM

6,704 posts, read 7,304,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
She made a topic for insight and that's what she got, most posters haven't gave her much. If someone followed me taking my neice to school once and then 2 weeks later I'd worry about it.

To the OP,

Ask your daughter about any guests at school who talked to her, maybe u'll get a lead from that..
I agree with THIS but what I thought was over the roof and just a tad bit "area 51" was the "it's the feds, and the aliens and the martians" routine.

She DOES have reason for concern. She has a small child and is obviously alone during much of the day and someone is watching/observing SOMEone. But she doesn't need a federal case made of it. ("But the cop did say "official business" which commonly means federal in some sense.") - on what planet does "official" = federal?

Old 10-27-2009, 07:17 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,668,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
no wait, I have a feeling they are watching you. Because you said they followed you to your daughter school. The cops said to you, its legit. do you have an insurance claim, work comp claim, any accident claim. Any reason to be involved in some lawsuit? Thats the only thing I can think of. No its not unemployment, its maybe something with a car accident claim. Have you filed any thing like that??

Why would the cops say its legit, and not tell you what its for?? Anyone in your neighborhood make a dyfs call or false claim? ANy neighborhood disputes? Think! I am trying to help!
no i have nothing like that at all.i have a few collection accounts but i dont think they follow you for that... i cant think of anything.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:19 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,668,438 times
as long as its official im not gonna worry.i've done nothing wrong and have no reason to worry. i just find it so funny im being followed. thanks to all..

Old 10-27-2009, 07:22 PM

27,651 posts, read 21,530,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
not electric company, but the "gas man".. funny because when the bad guys read the note, they said "man they're pros, how the hell do they know i have gas??"
That's right! LOL, I forgot that part.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:00 PM

2,901 posts, read 5,115,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I agree with THIS but what I thought was over the roof and just a tad bit "area 51" was the "it's the feds, and the aliens and the martians" routine.

She DOES have reason for concern. She has a small child and is obviously alone during much of the day and someone is watching/observing SOMEone. But she doesn't need a federal case made of it. ("But the cop did say "official business" which commonly means federal in some sense.") - on what planet does "official" = federal?
The cop withheld information on why she's being followed, maybe because he can't easily find out. He was useless. official business" it doesn't mean the guys a landscaper but that he has a license to spy on people without police harassing him. I would have personally walked up to him and found something out, or have a talk with one of her teachers.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:12 PM

593 posts, read 1,146,324 times
how old is the daughter you are driving? grade school or high school? I think I would be freaked as well- I'm just wondering if you should mention something to her to be extra careful as well - but if she's little I wouldn't want to scare her-

but then i watch too much Nancy Grace.........

Old 10-27-2009, 10:48 PM

2,199 posts, read 4,275,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
i called cops they checked him out and said he was legit and had reason to be there and when i asked the cop where he was from like what dept,he could'nt tell me all he could tell me was that it was official business.so i cant for the life of me figure it out. my husband was gonna go down there and ask him why but i told him not to.so its been almost 2 weeks since he was last here. very strange....he left a little past 9 and i have not seen him since...
Legit doesn't have to mean legitimately following you, just legitimately in the area.
Official business doesn't have to mean that YOU are the business either.

Trouble is, now that your nerves are on edge, you may be noticing things you never noticed before.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:06 PM

207 posts, read 413,628 times
make a police report that way someone knows of the incident...better safe than sorry.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:32 AM

1,032 posts, read 2,003,281 times
My friend had this happen... he filed an insurance claim after an accident and a PI followed him around for a month to make sure he didn't surf or work out or jog.

Go up and ask him next time you see him. He's not gonna do anything in plain daylight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey