U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-16-2009, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 5,569 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to w/in 25 miles of Madison, NJ next year. Our son has been diagnosed with High Functioning Asperger's and ADHD. He is 7 years old and we want to make sure wherever we move the schools have a good reputation for delivery of services for children with special needs. Our hope is to find a good public school. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by JMDVM; 10-16-2009 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: Change title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 12:06 AM

4 posts, read 19,951 times
I too have a son, 14, with the same conditions. Although I live an hour south of Madison, I used to work in a day care center there. If I had to live in North Jersey, I'd live in Madison. Great town. I'd rather live in the crappiest hole in Madison than live in a nice house elsewhere. Quality people, given Drew with its theological program, and Farleigh Dickenson and the NJ Shakespeare Co. Public schools are excellent. It's expensive, but not at all snobby.
I'm still searching for a high school to meet my son's needs - the Asperger's component has only recently been realized/acknowledged.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:02 PM

785 posts, read 730,163 times
Madison does not have a very good special education program and does the minimum for special needs kids. I'd look at Chatham instead. Also, I do know that Morristown has a good program for more severe autism (self contained elem program w/ ABA), but not sure what they do for high functioning children.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:21 AM

178 posts, read 397,601 times
Default Clinton twp school district has a good reputation

for special needs, you could check them out at

Clinton Township School District (http://www.ctsd.k12.nj.us/clintontsd/site/default.asp - broken link)

to find out if they have what you need.
Good luck.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:50 AM

3 posts, read 9,842 times
hi! can anyone tell me more about the services at Chatham? I am a single mother with two boys - both high functioning (ages 9 and 10)....both ADHD..one with auditory processing issues and the other with some executive functioning issues. we are looking for a good public school system with spec ed pgm (and preferrably in down-to-earth, grounded community!) thanks for any/all help.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:07 PM

2 posts, read 6,945 times
Default Looking For Public schools in North Jersey Aspergers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDVM View Post
We will be moving to w/in 25 miles of Madison, NJ next year. Our son has been diagnosed with High Functioning Asperger's and ADHD. He is 7 years old and we want to make sure wherever we move the schools have a good reputation for delivery of services for children with special needs. Our hope is to find a good public school. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I'm looking for public schools in north jersey for my 8 year old that has aspergers & adhd
emgmsmjm@netscape.net

Old 04-03-2011, 01:10 PM

2 posts, read 6,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahw View Post
for special needs, you could check them out at

Clinton Township School District (http://www.ctsd.k12.nj.us/clintontsd/site/default.asp - broken link)

to find out if they have what you need.
Good luck.
Thanks, Is that considered North Jersey ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey