Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 08:02 AM

9 posts, read 52,999 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am thinking of moving to the Winding wood apartments in Sayreville and wanted to get some thoughts? Anyone ever live there? How was the community? How was property management?

Any other places in the area that I should check out where prices are comparable?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 12:51 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
We used to call it "Winding Hood".

Old 10-26-2009, 02:05 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
Not a good idea to move there. That complex has a bad rep, and that rep is well deserved. When we were moving and looking for an apt for my son I was told to stay away from thee.

Murder at Winding Wood ..., Not Recommended, Oct 16, 2005, apartment review of Winding Wood Apartments in Sayreville, NJ

There was a murder there, and it was not the first.

Diane G

Old 10-26-2009, 02:18 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,947,660 times
I've heard the same. Years ago we were looking to move to the area and saw the models, the apartments were a nice size, but the element wasn't all that ....

Old 10-26-2009, 02:25 PM

87 posts, read 351,738 times
Winding Woods, which is on the Old Bridge border, is well known for its criminal element. A quick look in The Suburban's police blotter will point to drug and criminal mischief issues there. However, I live in Sayreville and would say pretty much anywhere else in town is a great place to live (though I'm sure I'm biased!). BTW, there are other apartment complexes off Route 9 near the La Mer community (behind the BJ's). I forget the name (I live in Sheffield Towne townhomes off Main Street). Happy to help with any Sayreville-related questions!

Old 10-26-2009, 03:08 PM

Thank you everyone for all the help. Very helpful. I will definitely stay away from there.

Do you know the names of any other apartment complexes that are near the New Brunsick NE Corridor line with better reputation, of course?

Thanks.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:33 PM

877 posts, read 2,838,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdurett View Post
Winding Woods, which is on the Old Bridge border, is well known for its criminal element. A quick look in The Suburban's police blotter will point to drug and criminal mischief issues there. However, I live in Sayreville and would say pretty much anywhere else in town is a great place to live (though I'm sure I'm biased!). BTW, there are other apartment complexes off Route 9 near the La Mer community (behind the BJ's). I forget the name (I live in Sheffield Towne townhomes off Main Street). Happy to help with any Sayreville-related questions!
I don't know how true this is, but someone told me the reason there is so much crime in Winding Woods is because after cleaning up New Brunswick, they transported all the junk to this place, so it's really full of all the gangs from NB.

My mother's aunt and uncle lived in Sayreville 1965-80 - Cambridge Drive, Parlin section - and that area looks exactly the opposite of what you generally hear about places like Winding Woods, although my uncle insists that the town has been "ruined" by all the "affordable housing" recently erected in the area. However, I know the area and it does appear to be a very nice place to live overall and it was on the list of best places to live not too long ago as well. It's in a very convenient location too.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoelsebutcharles View Post
I don't know how true this is, but someone told me the reason there is so much crime in Winding Woods is because after cleaning up New Brunswick, they transported all the junk to this place, so it's really full of all the gangs from NB.

My mother's aunt and uncle lived in Sayreville 1965-80 - Cambridge Drive, Parlin section - and that area looks exactly the opposite of what you generally hear about places like Winding Woods, although my uncle insists that the town has been "ruined" by all the "affordable housing" recently erected in the area. However, I know the area and it does appear to be a very nice place to live overall and it was on the list of best places to live not too long ago as well. It's in a very convenient location too.
Thanks whoelsebutcharles. I will check it out. You don't remember the name of the complex, do you? I tried to do a search, nothing came up?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:11 PM

877 posts, read 2,838,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujulee View Post
Thanks whoelsebutcharles. I will check it out. You don't remember the name of the complex, do you? I tried to do a search, nothing came up?
That's a development they lived in, of single family houses, it wasn't an apartment it was a house.

If you're looking for rentals in the Sayreville area, I'd stay away from WW just based on what I've heard about that place. There are some other places like Crestview right on Rt 9, and Skytop on Ernston Rd. Skytop is supposed to be beautiful, someone I work with used to live there said it was very nice, but they charge you property taxes as well as rent, and that's something I wouldn't do because it isn't my property. If you're not too picky about the distance, there are a handfull of others a little further down Rt 9 in Old Bridge, don't really know what they're like though. Anyone??????

Old 10-26-2009, 11:46 PM

728 posts, read 1,964,598 times
Ive heard bad things about them...stay away from them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey