Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 07:46 PM

825 posts, read 3,153,615 times

Advertisements

I think it's fair to say though, that people who do absolutely 100% of their shopping at Wal-Mart are trailer trash and scummy. I'm talking about they buy literally everything at Wal-Mart. Now those people are trash, and trust me there are people who do it. Not so much in New Jersey... maybe more out in a place like Ohio or Pennsylvania.

I mean what does it say about you, if you're buying an engagement ring at Wal-Mart for $20? That's what that scumbag on MTV's "16 and Pregnant" did when he knocked up that 16 year old from Indiana. He bought everything at Wal-Mart: video games, food, even the freakin engagement ring. I don't care who you are, that's scummy. Personally, if I were buying an engagement ring, I would go to a jewelry store where people there are professionals and they are knowledgeable about jewelry.

What does it say about you if you're buying steak's at Wal-Mart? That's just saying you're a low class citizen right there. Wal-Mart is too big, what the hell does Wal-Mart know about steaks? If you want quality steaks, go see a butcher, someone who knows about steaks.

What does it say about you if you're buying a .44 caliber at Wal-Mart? It says that you're the next Son of Sam is what it says. David Berkowitz was a scummy guy. If you want to buy a fireman, go to a sporting goods store. I remember when I played Little Leage baseball in Bridgewater, I would buy all my baseball equipment at Efingers, and I remember noticing they had a nice selection of guns. I think once I obtain my gun permit, that's where I'll go to buy one. It's a deadly weapon, I want people to be safe, and a good way to ensure a little bit of safety is to have a knowledgeable gun salesman sell you a gun so that he can properly explain all the safety precautions.

Oh yeah, and medication. Who the hell would trust some jerk at Wal-Mart sorting their meds? If I took any, I wouldn't like that. I would see my doctor, who would then put in a prescription to a licensed pharmacist for my medication.

I hate to sound condescending, I really don't think I'm better than anyone else, but that's the impression I get. And I'm only talking about people who do literally 100% of their shopping at Wal-Mart. If you pop in their from time to time just to buy junk, then that's ok. My apologies in advance to anyone who was offended by this post. This is part of the reason why I dislike Wal-Mart. There's also a whole other political side to why I dislike Wal-Mart, but I won't get into that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 03:45 AM

20,232 posts, read 19,796,900 times
Quote:
trailer trash and scummy
Simply because of where they shop.

Quote:
I hate to sound condescending, I really don't think I'm better than anyone else, but that's the impression I get
And that's quite an impression.

What is your impression of people who breed mulitiple out-of-wedlock children and remain on welfare a good part of their lives?

Old 11-08-2009, 07:29 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,642,628 times
Quote:
I hate to sound condescending
You don't. You just sound like a moron. Half the people in NJ can barely afford to even shop in the Walmart much less a top quality butcher. The meat still probably comes from the same wholesaler.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:24 AM

127 posts, read 310,056 times
I think the OP makes a real good point. Walmart is a destructive force on our economy and what do we get in return for their destruction of our economy? Nothing? If only it were just nothing. It's not like Walmart's prices are anything special, I can get the same prices or better elsewhere, plus other stores don't destroy American jobs. People don't realize that Walmart is the only store in America that can drive a whole industry out of business in America. Walmart is the biggest company in the world. They brag how they save money because their execs share a cheap motel room when they travel but because of their poor business practices they are always being sued left and right, and they seem to not mind spending millions on lawyers and settlements. They have no interest in helping the country or people or their workers, they just care about making their own execs rich even by destroying others.

And after all that you think we would at least get a place where their prices are actually as cheap as people claim, but they are not. They are no cheaper than other stores. So we have all these people who shop there and think Walmart is cheap and it's not but people are fooled to think they are and meanwhile they are destroying jobs and our economy. The OP is right we do not need them in NJ and we do not need them anywhere really. And also it is true that the trashiest low-class people shop there, worse than any other place I've ever seen.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:00 AM

306 posts, read 317,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
I think it's fair to say though, that people who do absolutely 100% of their shopping at Wal-Mart are trailer trash and scummy. I'm talking about they buy literally everything at Wal-Mart. Now those people are trash, and trust me there are people who do it. Not so much in New Jersey... maybe more out in a place like Ohio or Pennsylvania.

I mean what does it say about you, if you're buying an engagement ring at Wal-Mart for $20? That's what that scumbag on MTV's "16 and Pregnant" did when he knocked up that 16 year old from Indiana. He bought everything at Wal-Mart: video games, food, even the freakin engagement ring. I don't care who you are, that's scummy. Personally, if I were buying an engagement ring, I would go to a jewelry store where people there are professionals and they are knowledgeable about jewelry.

What does it say about you if you're buying steak's at Wal-Mart? That's just saying you're a low class citizen right there. Wal-Mart is too big, what the hell does Wal-Mart know about steaks? If you want quality steaks, go see a butcher, someone who knows about steaks.

What does it say about you if you're buying a .44 caliber at Wal-Mart? It says that you're the next Son of Sam is what it says. David Berkowitz was a scummy guy. If you want to buy a fireman, go to a sporting goods store. I remember when I played Little Leage baseball in Bridgewater, I would buy all my baseball equipment at Efingers, and I remember noticing they had a nice selection of guns. I think once I obtain my gun permit, that's where I'll go to buy one. It's a deadly weapon, I want people to be safe, and a good way to ensure a little bit of safety is to have a knowledgeable gun salesman sell you a gun so that he can properly explain all the safety precautions.

Oh yeah, and medication. Who the hell would trust some jerk at Wal-Mart sorting their meds? If I took any, I wouldn't like that. I would see my doctor, who would then put in a prescription to a licensed pharmacist for my medication.

I hate to sound condescending, I really don't think I'm better than anyone else, but that's the impression I get. And I'm only talking about people who do literally 100% of their shopping at Wal-Mart. If you pop in their from time to time just to buy junk, then that's ok. My apologies in advance to anyone who was offended by this post. This is part of the reason why I dislike Wal-Mart. There's also a whole other political side to why I dislike Wal-Mart, but I won't get into that.
I completely agree with EVERYTHING in this post.

GREAT JOB!!!!!

This is why NJ does not need a Wal Mart.

Just like the OP stated..... it's hell.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:24 AM

3,307 posts, read 9,347,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
If you think a gun salesman should explain safety precautions before you buy a gun, you're shouldn't be buying a gun in the first place. A gun store, right before purchase, is not a good place to learn about guns. Take a class.

The guns at Walmart are the same as the guns at your sporting goods store. If you already know what you want, why pay more?

Quote:
The pharmacists at Walmart have the EXACT SAME LICENSES as the pharmacists anywhere else. You calling the pharmacist at Walmart "some jerk" shows who the real jerk is.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:10 PM

825 posts, read 3,153,615 times
doc1: No, they're not trash because they shop there. They were trash to begin with . And my impression of people who have multiple children out of wedlock and remain on welfare for a good part of their lives is that they are scummy. Oh, and incase you didn't understand me the first time, I do not consider myself better than anyone else. I was raised better than that.

rscalzo: If half of NJ can barely afford to shop at Wal-Mart, then we are so screwed it's not even funny at this point. Most people from NJ that I know drop at least $400 a week at Shop Rite, but not the ones who live in Newark and such.

pcity: I don't know! I've never bought a gun! I want to though. But if I were a gun salesman, I would show the potential buyer how to properly use the weapon. I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt... or killed. It just seems logical to me, but then again what do I know? I'm just a dumb guinea on this forum... apparently

Old 11-08-2009, 03:17 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,559,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I think people don't realize that Walmart is not the cheapest. Never liked them and I guess I never will. I certainly wouldn't go grocery shopping there with all the pathmarks,shoprite,stop and shops, a@ps in this state. JMO.
WOW! Thats what is soooo GREAT about America you and I both have the right to shop where "We" want to ! Have a great day.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:15 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,506,869 times
i was at walmart this weekend and i was looking around at various products. it was great. they have everything and they seemed like great prices to me. i love walmart.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:36 AM

127 posts, read 310,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i was at walmart this weekend and i was looking around at various products. it was great. they have everything and they seemed like great prices to me. i love walmart.
I thought you said in another post about Atlantic City that you are an eliteist? Elitists don't go to Walmart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey