U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2009, 12:42 PM

4,085 posts, read 7,446,272 times

Advertisements

The Christie campaign and Republicans/conservatives in general have done a great job painting Daggett as just another liberal, who will raise taxes, "worse than Corzine" to quote a Christie campaign ad.

I was going to vote for Daggett, but it is clear to me that the only people I know who are voting for Daggett are people who woud have been more likely to vote for Corzine, not Christie. So Daggett is taking voters from Corzine.

Because of this, I'm not going to waste a vote on Daggett. My brother, a Republican, who supported Christie early on, switched to supporting Corzine, reluctantly. When Daggett came along, he switched to Daggett. I'm going to convince him to vote for Corzine, too.

No Christie voter was going to be voting for the "worse than Corzine" liberal Daggett, so Daggett is not taking any Christie votes. It's important that those of us who don't want another Christie for governor ("Christie" Whitman) not waste a vote on Daggett but instead vote for Corzine so that our state doesn't end up with another deficit-building Republican. Christie will repeat what Christie Whitman did, issuing bonds and running up the state's debt in order to cut taxes for the wealthy and corporations.

It's time to pay the piper, and not go more in debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 02:38 PM

7,962 posts, read 16,769,780 times
I had stated last week (I think the poster "DailyJournalist" it was in response to) that I thought Daggett would not poll nearly as high as his 20% total was showing in recent polls, and that those from both parties would reluctantly go back to their default candidates when it appeared that a vote for Daggett would equal a vote for the candidate they really despise. Another poll came out with Daggett at 19%, and I thought at the time I might be wrong. But now the latest poll issued might confirm I was right:

Election 2009: New Jersey Governor - Rasmussen Reports™

According to this poll, Daggett has now shrunk to 7%. People are beginning to go back to their ideological bases with the election a week away.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:04 PM

94 posts, read 271,699 times
Has there ever been a statewide race with three less attractive candidates than these clowns?

Old 10-27-2009, 04:37 PM

4,085 posts, read 7,446,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I had stated last week (I think the poster "DailyJournalist" it was in response to) that I thought Daggett would not poll nearly as high as his 20% total was showing in recent polls, and that those from both parties would reluctantly go back to their default candidates when it appeared that a vote for Daggett would equal a vote for the candidate they really despise. Another poll came out with Daggett at 19%, and I thought at the time I might be wrong. But now the latest poll issued might confirm I was right:

Election 2009: New Jersey Governor - Rasmussen Reports™

According to this poll, Daggett has now shrunk to 7%. People are beginning to go back to their ideological bases with the election a week away.
You were right, mike.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:43 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,417,073 times
Quote:
I don't know, has Daggett really run a compelling campaign?

Old 10-27-2009, 05:04 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,428,070 times
Quote:
I don't believe Christie is really a part of the Republican "ideological base." Lonegan was. Christie is who the party bosses thought would have a better chance of winning in a state more blue than the ocean. I think people assumed Daggett was something of a Ross Perot type - moderately conservative and an alternative to Christie. When they found out his policies were actually pretty far to the left, they went back to the lesser of two evils, Christie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey