Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 13,071 times

Advertisements

This is my last check for tier II benefits. I always call on mondays and have check in box on wednsdays. Well today is Wed, and there is no check in the box, BUT there is an orange one in there about my EB extension. I called office (was on hold 40 minutes) and they said check was processed 10/26....

Will my check be here tomorrow?

Is it lost?

Man im screwed.........i cannot wait 2-3 weeks for a replacement check

Is it normal to have a check late a day or so?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 03:35 PM

2 posts, read 13,071 times
Bump

Old 10-28-2009, 04:40 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,754,723 times
My wife has only been on UE for about a month now but her checks are in every wed.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:51 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,950,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bull721 View Post
This is my last check for tier II benefits. I always call on mondays and have check in box on wednsdays. Well today is Wed, and there is no check in the box, BUT there is an orange one in there about my EB extension. I called office (was on hold 40 minutes) and they said check was processed 10/26....

Will my check be here tomorrow?

Is it lost?

Man im screwed.........i cannot wait 2-3 weeks for a replacement check

Is it normal to have a check late a day or so?

Thanks in advance
Once in a while mine comes a day late, but that's my stub. I have direct deposit and suggest you do the same.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:54 AM

213 posts, read 769,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
I have direct deposit and suggest you do the same.
Ditto.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 5,245 times
This is 2010, my UI check is not here and it is Friday, I have direct deposit!
Did anyone else not get their check yet? Is this due to the 4th of July?

I was told to call the office, but cannot get through the initial recording which says due to high call volume I should call back later. The number is 201-601-4110.
I filed by phone, then yesterday, filed online, and I sent the UI form back filled out knowing I would not be able to get through the phone line.

Ever since Christie has been in office, there has been a problem calling in, getting through.
So I gave up getting through, although I call everyday just to make sure it is still impossible, and started sending in the form after I can't get through a few days.
When that form gets there, I get a call, and I get a check in my bank.

I don't think Christie wants to pay UI so it has not gotten any easier to do business with the State since he has been in.

He has the attitude that if you don't like the way he does business, leave and go somewhere else.

Maybe if everyone left the State and he was the Governor of Nobody, he'd be happy.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:05 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,934,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterlessmaster View Post
This is 2010, my UI check is not here and it is Friday, I have direct deposit!
Did anyone else not get their check yet? Is this due to the 4th of July?

I was told to call the office, but cannot get through the initial recording which says due to high call volume I should call back later. The number is 201-601-4110.
I filed by phone, then yesterday, filed online, and I sent the UI form back filled out knowing I would not be able to get through the phone line.

Ever since Christie has been in office, there has been a problem calling in, getting through.
So I gave up getting through, although I call everyday just to make sure it is still impossible, and started sending in the form after I can't get through a few days.
When that form gets there, I get a call, and I get a check in my bank.

I don't think Christie wants to pay UI so it has not gotten any easier to do business with the State since he has been in.

He has the attitude that if you don't like the way he does business, leave and go somewhere else.

Maybe if everyone left the State and he was the Governor of Nobody, he'd be happy.
Yeah it's Christie's fault nobody is answering at the UI office.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:22 PM

912 posts, read 2,446,189 times
FWIW, I read an article in a Trenton newspaper that they have increased the number of UI call center employees to 250 earlier this year. I've heard some stories from friends who are on UI that it's a nightmare. Maybe physically go down to your local office?

Old 07-09-2010, 01:04 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,371,076 times
Im sure Christie hired all his family and friends to work there. Most of them probably dont even show up to work and still get paid.. Thats how NJ government rolls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey