Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2009, 08:08 AM

3 posts, read 8,820 times

Advertisements

Hello. I am moving to the area and I am looking for a great ob as I am currently expecting, My first daughter was a preemie, so I am looking for someone who has good experience with at risk pregnancies and one where I can do blood work, ultra sound and see the doctor all in one place. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 09:11 PM

328 posts, read 1,049,452 times
Brunswick hills fits that bill. They have an office in Hillsborough and deliver at St Peter's which is the best hospital in the area for high risk deliveries. They have a great NICU that can handle very premature babies plus they have an affiliation with Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. BH definitely does bloodwork and they have an ultrasound machine right in the office. In fact, you can get bloodwork done there any time during your pregnancy; just call and talk to the nurse who will tell you when to come in. The biggest "con" about the practice is that they have a lot of doctors that attend deliveries. I thought most of the doctors were pretty nice. I had 2 surgeries with them and found them to be good and competent. I did leave them though but that's because I wanted to have an ultra-crunchy drug free birth the second time.

The other hospital in the area is Somerset Medical Center. Their NICU can handle preemies beyond 32 weeks but I don't know if that's what you are looking for. Actually, Hunterdon Medical Center isn't far either. They are in Flemington so it depends on what part of Somerset County you are. They are a hike from North Plainfield but not far from Branchburg. Like Somerset Medical, they can handle preemies at 32 weeks and beyond. I have a friend who had all kinds of complications with her pregnancies (though she carried full term). She used All Women's Health Care (I think one of their doctors was voted a NJ Top Doc). She had very good care with frequent ultra-sounds. The rooms at Hunterdon are amazing! It's like being in a hotel.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:08 PM

3 posts, read 8,820 times
Thanks so much for your reply. That last pregnancy did not work out, but I seem to be on the ride again. As I am new to the area, my geography is limited. I live in Bernardsville and have been looking at Morristown as that seems to be the closest place that will have the specialty doctors I might require. Are either of those other places closer or will have better care do you think? Thanks so much. I appreciate your time.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:34 PM

523 posts, read 3,804,964 times
my wife's second pregnancy (somewhat complicated, but for different reasons to yours) was looked after by the Atlantic Health ObGyn practice, and then she delivered in Morristown Memorial hospital literally on the opposite side of the road. we lived in basking ridge at the time...the location was convenient, and the level of care was superb.

im a physician myself, and would not have a second's hesitation in recommending their practice or morristown memorial hospital's obstetric facilities to anyone, either within or outside of my family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey