U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Is Jon Corzine trying to buy another four years as governor of New Jersey
No, Corzine is going to win because he is a good governor. 8 19.05%
no 3 7.14%
yes 29 69.05%
other 0 0%
not sure 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-30-2009, 08:01 AM
 
313 posts, read 373,298 times
Reputation: 126

Advertisements

Is Jon Corzine trying to buy another four years as governor of New Jersey?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-30-2009, 09:27 AM
 
72 posts, read 100,788 times
Reputation: 77
I'm voting for Christie. But with that said, the term "buying an election" is used by opponents who have no money to match the wealthier candidate. New Jersey is one of the most educated states in the U.S. We boost one of the highest median income & one of the highest college educated population.

Republican Forrester spend massively during his run as the GOP nominee. Republicans Steve Forbes spent his fortune as well. So has George W. Bush broke in his 2000 run & became the 1st candidate to break the $100 million mark. Mike Bloomberg is breaking campaign spending records today in NYC. So why should Corzine be a different.

If Christie or Daggett had the wealth & money, you honestly think they won't spend their millions to win ???

This is the type of propaganda that hurts my GOP in this state. There is enough legitimate issues to throw at Corzine or Bloomberg for that matter. We attack socialism & put capitalism on a pedestal.

But when some self made millionaire who happens to be a democrat comes to town & spends his own money to run for office- we cry like little girls. Its hypocrisy. We all know that wealthy republicans who have the money would do the same.

I would rather have a wealthy self-made politician like Corzine spend his own money than use Tax payers campaign funds to pay for TV commercials.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Newark, NJ
341 posts, read 645,695 times
Reputation: 422
I would rather have a governer that can "buy" things than have a governer that can be "bought." Chris Christie has no integrity:

http://therealchrischristie.org/upload/christie_ethics.pdf (broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 09:39 AM
 
1,977 posts, read 7,410,537 times
Reputation: 1162
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSLX View Post
But when some self made millionaire who happens to be a democrat comes to town & spends his own money to run for office- we cry like little girls. Its hypocrisy. We all know that wealthy republicans who have the money would do the same.

I would rather have a wealthy self-made politician like Corzine spend his own money than use Tax payers campaign funds to pay for TV commercials.
I follow NO party line. I don't believe in religion. But I have to say, AMEN!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 09:48 AM
 
1,340 posts, read 2,683,068 times
Reputation: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Last_2009 View Post
Is Jon Corzine trying to buy another four years as governor of New Jersey?
Has to, Jersey Supreme Court can't appoint him.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,887 posts, read 17,939,943 times
Reputation: 3146
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post
I would rather have a governer that can "buy" things than have a governer that can be "bought." Chris Christie has no integrity:

http://therealchrischristie.org/upload/christie_ethics.pdf (broken link)

Ha ha ha the most corrupt party in the most corrupt state is throwing mud. Pathetic.

Enlighten-NewJersey: The Jon Corzine, Carla Katz Timeline

Corzine, cash & corruption

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/25/ny.../25jersey.html

http://moelane.com/2009/10/22/why-di...n-for-so-long/

This is a fun one.

The Save Jersey Blog: Jon Corzine Bankrolled Hudson County Corruption (http://blog.savejersey.com/2009/08/11/jon-corzine-bankrolled-hudson-county-corruption.aspx - broken link)

There are hundreds more but you get the picture. The slime are trying to tear down a great crime fighter to their level. Ain't gonna work. But nice try.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Newark, NJ
341 posts, read 645,695 times
Reputation: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Ha ha ha the most corrupt party in the most corrupt state is throwing mud. Pathetic.

Enlighten-NewJersey: The Jon Corzine, Carla Katz Timeline

Corzine, cash & corruption

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/25/ny.../25jersey.html

Moe Lane » Why *did* Gov. Corzine fund Ferriero’s corruption for so long?

This is a fun one.

The Save Jersey Blog: Jon Corzine Bankrolled Hudson County Corruption (http://blog.savejersey.com/2009/08/11/jon-corzine-bankrolled-hudson-county-corruption.aspx - broken link)

There are hundreds more but you get the picture. The slime are trying to tear down a great crime fighter to their level. Ain't gonna work. But nice try.
I am not a democrat.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,887 posts, read 17,939,943 times
Reputation: 3146
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post
I am not a democrat.

The AFL-CIO is. Check your link see who sponsored the mud throwing? Zero credibility don't be a sheep.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Newark, NJ
341 posts, read 645,695 times
Reputation: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
The AFL-CIO is. Check your link see who sponsored the mud throwing? Zero credibility don't be a sheep.

I know that. Oh wait, I forgot, Republicans are only supposed to listen to other Republians and Fox News, everyone else is a liar. This is why they lost the presidency and this is why Christie is going to lose. Christie should have been able to beat Corzine handily, even with Dagget in the mix. The problem is that he listened to the incompetent-unable-to-grasp-reality-wing of the GOP when they told him he was a shoe-in. Democrats in Jersey are slime and so are the GOP. But if you look at them as individuals, that is, Corzine and Christie, Corzine is a lot less slimy than Chris. It is a sad state of affairs in NJ when the best candidate is the least corrupt one, and I honestly believe Corzine is less corrupt.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,887 posts, read 17,939,943 times
Reputation: 3146
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post
I know that. Oh wait, I forgot, Republicans are only supposed to listen to other Republians and Fox News, everyone else is a liar. This is why they lost the presidency and this is why Christie is going to lose. Christie should have been able to beat Corzine handily, even with Dagget in the mix. The problem is that he listened to the incompetent-unable-to-grasp-reality-wing of the GOP when they told him he was a shoe-in. Democrats in Jersey are slime and so are the GOP. But if you look at them as individuals, that is, Corzine and Christie, Corzine is a lot less slimy than Chris. It is a sad state of affairs in NJ when the best candidate is the least corrupt one, and I honestly believe Corzine is less corrupt.

Again call yourself what you like, you are employing the Democrat's tactic. The Dems are as dirty as they get and I supported that assertion with diverse sources. They are trying to say the same about Christie but it won't stick. You and the Dems throw out some dopey flier listing accusations that have been debunked six ways to Sunday. Pathetic.

It really isn't as you describe it, the lesser of two evils. It is really between the corrupt guy, Corzine and the clean guy Christie.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top