Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 02:13 PM

11 posts, read 84,342 times

Advertisements

HI, I want to set up post that's an archive of pictures of the worst places in New Jersey (Not to say that NJ isn't mostly beautiful). Feel free to share any pictures you have of the most grimy places in the state. This thread is to compare the worst examples of urban decay you know of. Everyone SAYS Newark is bad, but how about showing it? This is not restricted to Newark either; pictures of Camden, Trenton, Paterson, Irvington, Jersey City, Elizabeth, Atlantic City, The Oranges, etc. are encouraged.

If you don't have any pictures, go into one of the "ghettos" you live nearest to and snap a few places that really stand out to you.... don't be shy. (Also, please include a caption above each photo)

I'll start it off......

-Here is an abandoned building in Newark, NJ

HAPPY POSTING
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 08:58 AM

825 posts, read 3,159,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey City View Post
HI, I want to set up post that's an archive of pictures of the worst places in New Jersey (Not to say that NJ isn't mostly beautiful). Feel free to share any pictures you have of the most grimy places in the state. This thread is to compare the worst examples of urban decay you know of. Everyone SAYS Newark is bad, but how about showing it? This is not restricted to Newark either; pictures of Camden, Trenton, Paterson, Irvington, Jersey City, Elizabeth, Atlantic City, The Oranges, etc. are encouraged.

If you don't have any pictures, go into one of the "ghettos" you live nearest to and snap a few places that really stand out to you.... don't be shy. (Also, please include a caption above each photo)

I'll start it off......

HAPPY POSTING
why?

why the hell would anyone do that? there are bad areas in New Jersey, but we don't need people to exploit them by posting pictures of these bad areas on public forums like this. most people who live in NJ have been to these bad areas before, or perhaps they even grew up there. there are some who want to help fix and rebuild these bad areas, and there are others who want nothing to do with them.

I'm sorry, but I see absolutely no value in this thread. Nothing good can possibly come out of this. you are only asking for trouble with this kind of thread.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:19 AM

17 posts, read 65,538 times
Totally agree! how about a thread of the most beautiful places and how to get there.

I'm new to NJ (west coast transplant) and while every state has good and bad - I'm LOVING the fall colors here! Went apple picking near clinton last weekend and it was gorgeous!

Old 10-31-2009, 10:05 AM

316 posts, read 942,817 times
I Agree with the last 2 posters. what a dumb idea.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:43 AM

783 posts, read 2,021,162 times
Quote:

I'll start it off......

HAPPY POSTING
I think this is kind of sad. I've gone through Newark and East Orange and have seen tons and tons of buildings like that. I've seen entire blocks that look like the place was carpet bombed a few weeks ago. It's disgusting. I wish some of that stimulus money would have been used to bulldoze these dumps. They are nothing but a blight, and they are probably also used as hideouts for gangs, homes for bums, and crackhouses.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:05 AM

691 posts, read 1,426,518 times
LOL just go on google street view and you can see all of newark, paterson, irvington and some parts of camden and trenton if you really have to look at pictures of the ghetto.

As for Newark, a lot of the carpet-bombed areas look a lot better than they used to due to all of the new construction, the area that used to have blocks and blocks of abandoned projects have been rebuilt for the most part

Old 10-31-2009, 11:29 AM

177 posts, read 700,430 times
How about showing pictures of Newark's revitalization instead?

Old 10-31-2009, 12:10 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,887,360 times
That building in the first picture is beautiful; if someone fixed it up it up it could be an amazing home for a lot of folks.

I think this a great idea for a thread. Urban ruins are fascinating.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:03 PM

11 posts, read 84,342 times
WOW WOW WOW.... harsh criticism... I'm not asking anyone to put their lives in danger or do anything stupid. And like I stated "NJ is mostly beautiful" and we all know that. The purpose of this is not to "point and laugh" at people's misfortune. This is purely sharing. I think urban decay is fascinating and examples of abandoned places are interesting, as do many others (just look at the abandoned but not forgotten website). If you don't want to take part in this thread, don't. But you don't have to be SO closed-minded.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:06 AM

593 posts, read 1,660,145 times
Quote:

I'll start it off......

HAPPY POSTING
Whooptie Doo. This is nothing new. Obviously, you aren't from here. I like urban decay too mostly for cities I've never ever been to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey