Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 06:28 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,273,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
Like the last administration (Bush) did? Or Reagan did? I wouldn't call that "pulling a Whitman", I'd call that business as usual. I'd be fine with cutting government, but the Republicans talk bigger than they walk.
Sure, I don't think it's a given that a Republican administration will fix things. However, they at least pretend to be interested in making the kind of changes that would help.

Quote:
Yeah. Not beholden to anybody. Sure.
I didn't write that they weren't beholden to anybody, only that they are not beholden to interests that are bankrupting the state. For the most part, the interests throwing their weight behind the NJ republicans are the "evil corporations" and "the rich" (e.g. tax payers), whereas the democrats are largely supported by government employees and "the poor" (e.g. net recipients of tax dollars). So it's pretty clear that the Democrats aren't going to be very effective advocates for the tax payer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 07:36 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDolan View Post
I am sick & tired of the less educated, poor, no class states who keep electing Democrats. States like Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, California, Washington ( I'm talking about the state of Microsoft & Starbucks).

Its time for New Jersey to join the ranks of highly educated, wealthy, phenomenal public school systems, & low taxes states like- Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, Idaho, North Dakota etc.

There's a reason these states produce the most highly talented students in the nation. There's a reason the Most Highly educated Americans move in the millions to Red country, real republican pride like Mississippi, Alabama & South Carolina! Low Taxes, Cheap living! Freedom, Guns !

Either lets elect a republican for NJ or lets all say goodbye to All these Liberal filled states of NJ,NY,CA,MA,VT,WA etc etc!!

I want my children to grow up in a Low Property Tax, Low Income Tax environment

Its time for change !!!!

I want my state of NJ to be like these red states who keep voting year after year, decade after decade for Republicans. Conservative, patriotic, fiscal responsible, pro-education, No New Taxes governors from states like Missisippi, Alabama, South Carolina, Idaho, North Dakota.

Its time for Change !
Last time I remembered the governor of California was Republican and look at what's going on with that state. You don't know what you're talking about.

Most of the Republican states either have quality of life problems or they have a small population because they're 60% mountains, 30% living area.

Last edited by angerinthenation; 11-02-2009 at 07:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey