Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:16 PM

81 posts, read 174,353 times

Advertisements

Kelly, Don't worry about it ! We have a New Governor! He's a Republican. Wealth will now flow again back to NJ. Just like Wealth flowed to America in the last 8 years of fellow Republican President George W. Bush. Governor Christie is also a true conservative. He was even endorsed by no other than the honorable President George W. Bush.

You can expect much lower property taxes soon.
You can expect lots of Tax cuts for all of us hardworking jerseyans because we now have a Republican in office.
You can expect a New Boom in the NJ Job Market because we have a Republican as Governor.
You can expect an End to Corruption in New Jersey because a republican is now Governor.

Be Happy ! If you were happy, satisfied, thankful for the Last 8 years of our beloved Republican President George W. Bush- then, you will also be happy with our beloved new Republican Governor Chris Christie.

Again, we do not need tourism & farmland. Our Tax cuts will take care of that.

Look we Republicans controlled Congress for 12 of the last 14 years. We controlled the Presidency for the past 8 years. we can all agree- It has been the Most Prosperous, Peaceful time in American history.

If we could just have the Republican Party control of Governorship for FOREVER, NJ would Never have to worry about wealth.

If John McCain won & continued the programs of George W. Bush- We would all be enjoying a wealthy # 1 nation.
Don't worry.

Republicans are now in charge. Just like Bush took good care of our nation's Economic interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 09:11 AM

156 posts, read 369,941 times
I love nj but to retire there is almost impossible .I lived in nj for 50 years and had a house in Edison a half acre house 24 years old and taxes 9 thousand a year and auto insurance was another 3 thousand for 2 cars and my husband worked for ford motor company for 32 years and retired when it closed and we sold and moved to va and had 2500 sq. ft house built on three acres and it cost 98 thousand and our taxes are 800 hundred a year and car insurance is 600 a year .I still love NJ but cannot afford to retire there and not many people can and not have to work .The only thing down here is that you pay 3 percent tax on your food and clothes and in NJ the sales tax may be higher but clothes and food are not taxed .My husband and I saved long and hard for our dream and we both worked and raised 2 great sons there .Do not put people down for what they may have to do to survive these days , because some day you will be wearing those shoes too. New Jersey is still the garden state .Love anyplace you may live because you are free to do so .

Old 11-11-2009, 09:18 AM

195 posts, read 491,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy77 View Post
I love nj but to retire there is almost impossible .I lived in nj for 50 years and had a house in Edison a half acre house 24 years old and taxes 9 thousand a year and auto insurance was another 3 thousand for 2 cars and my husband worked for ford motor company for 32 years and retired when it closed and we sold and moved to va and had 2500 sq. ft house built on three acres and it cost 98 thousand and our taxes are 800 hundred a year and car insurance is 600 a year .I still love NJ but cannot afford to retire there and not many people can and not have to work .The only thing down here is that you pay 3 percent tax on your food and clothes and in NJ the sales tax may be higher but clothes and food are not taxed .My husband and I saved long and hard for our dream and we both worked and raised 2 great sons there .Do not put people down for what they may have to do to survive these days , because some day you will be wearing those shoes too. New Jersey is still the garden state .Love anyplace you may live because you are free to do so .
Your story is all too common here in NJ, which is why NJ is one of the top states in the country for out migration.

Escape From NJ

Old 11-11-2009, 09:25 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,817,095 times
NJ grew and became prosperous faster than any other state, more so than NY and PA (excluding NYC/Philly)... NJ has a "bleak" future, but our historic growth is beyond bleak when most states were bleak.

Besides, we have the 2nd largest port in the nation, we hold a lot of the cranberry, raspberry, and tomato agriculture, and we have plenty of room to grow (NWNJ, SWNJ) but frankly, I can care less if NWNJ and NWNJ saw major growth anytime soon.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:33 AM

127 posts, read 310,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
NJ grew and became prosperous faster than any other state, more so than NY and PA (excluding NYC/Philly)... NJ has a "bleak" future, but our historic growth is beyond bleak when most states were bleak.

Besides, we have the 2nd largest port in the nation, we hold a lot of the cranberry, raspberry, and tomato agriculture, and we have plenty of room to grow (NWNJ, SWNJ) but frankly, I can care less if NWNJ and NWNJ saw major growth anytime soon.
Actually we're also like 2nd in Peach growing and grow more than Georgia the peach state! But my point is that there are lots of states that if they wanted to grow more peaches than us they could because they have more land to farm and more good weather in the whole year. So I am saying that in the long term probably not in most of our lifetimes, eventually NJ will become a quaint little-old-lady of a state with rich history and cute and petite but not a big player like we've been most of our history. We'll be like an entire state equivalent to some quaint New England town, not poor, but not the important powerhouse we once were. Like Lexington Mass., it was once a huge important place in our history and a real big deal but now it's just this quaint place, not poor and not destitute but just not a big deal. Or like Philly which was once the capital of the US but now they don't even get recognized as a top 10 city even though they are, because people see philly as a quaint little old lady of a city with it Bell and Indy Hall and doiles that you can't touch and grandma's famous cheese-steaks.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:57 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,308 times
Citizen Chin pushing his agenda (and shilling for his blog), again.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Citizen Chin pushing his agenda (and shilling for his blog), again.
If it's any consolation, I received a warning from one of the moderators and I won't shill for my blog anymore; as if I were selling something.

But, what exactly is my agenda?

Old 11-11-2009, 04:22 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times
I think Chin makes alot of sense!! Hey Chin pm me your blog!

Old 11-11-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I think Chin makes alot of sense!! Hey Chin pm me your blog!
It's listed in my profile

Old 11-12-2009, 09:42 AM

156 posts, read 369,941 times
NJ was on the list today for states in trouble because they spend more than they bring in on taxes and they say it is from past governors that put it in trouble .Pry for me I moved to VA and we now have NJ 's governor KAINE AS OUR GOVERNOR now and where will he go next .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey