Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,687 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are mulling over a house we are considering purchasing in Hillsdale, NJ on Hillsdale Avenue. We like the house very much but it's unfortunately located on the intersection of 2 main roads - Hillsdale Ave & Pascack Rd. The house is directly on Hillsdale Ave but it's the 2nd house in from Pascack. Does anyone know how busy is that section of town? The house is set back a bit with tall bushes in the front but wondering what is the noise and pollution factor in that area. Also, does anyone know anything about the wetland property around there? Any advice would be great! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 05:43 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,859,501 times
I think Pascack is a pretty major thoroughfare, not as bad as Kinderkamack. We live on a busy road and would be willing to pay a lot of money to move. We''d definitely give up a lot to move, too, in terms of house features. We are outside a lot, and there is a lot of 40mph traffic, diesel trucks, noise, etc.

You might just go hang out there, at like 8:30am for 10 minutes, and 5:15pm for 10 minutes, and see what you think. How hard is it to cross the street @ those times?

Old 11-06-2009, 09:40 AM

127 posts, read 310,974 times
It is a busy intersection.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:37 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,660,266 times
I know exactly where, I grew up in the next town off Washington Ave. but way in from any main road. Personally, I would prefer off a main road and would never buy on or near one as it will be a hard sell someday as the traffic gets worse. But yes, that is a very busy intersection especially around 5 when all the big Montvale office complexes close down for the day.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:15 PM

367 posts, read 959,883 times
OP,
That is a busy intersection especially during rush hour and there is some heavy truck traffic on Pascack Road. Hillsdale is a lovely town however, and if you have kids, the grammar school is just up the road.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:31 PM

138 posts, read 509,814 times
It's a busy location. Stay away from busy streets if they bother you. Move on. You'd be sorry if you bought the home. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:34 PM

138 posts, read 509,814 times
One more thing. PUHLEEZE don't deal with the listing agents themselves!!! That's a HUGE MISTAKE. One agent selling a home that I showed, which essentially has Route 208 just beyond the backyard described the noise as "just like the ocean...soooo relaxing." Get your own buyers agent who represents YOU and only you and will talk sense into you when the listing agents are doing hard sell. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey