U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-07-2009, 09:04 PM
 
72 posts, read 32,805 times
Reputation: 77

Advertisements

shorebaby,

Now I'm not a real republican just because I refuse to agree with your stupidity?

listen, yes. I discriminate. I discriminate, despise & I am always embarassed when I hear uneducated people who call themselves a republican. We have two classes within the party. You have the Chris Christies, Christie Whitman, Tom Keans versus the high school educated broke, penniless, followers who makes Limbaugh rich.

You are a disgrace.

Being ignorant is not a crime. But remaining one is.

I expect your crap in places like Alabama, Mississipi, rural Ohio. But here in New Jersey ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-07-2009, 09:06 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
4,028 posts, read 4,242,416 times
Reputation: 1247
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSLX View Post
Crazy stuff. For southern uneducated hick states. Yes, I can believe that. For many midwestern states full of uneducated peopel- Yes, I can believe that. But for NEW JERSEY??? C'mon- stop spewing that bull straight out of talk radio.
THAT is uneducated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2009, 09:07 PM
 
72 posts, read 32,805 times
Reputation: 77
Shorebaby,
By the way, would you like me to link Conservative Economist after Conservative Economist who have directly blamed the Bush Administration for this mess ?

Instead of your crap that you link from crap.

Get an education. Even a two year Associates degree. You really need it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2009, 09:16 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
2,696 posts, read 4,719,959 times
Reputation: 1274
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYBERSPACE View Post
Bush came into office in 2000 inheriting a $600 Billion surplus.
Bush left in 2008 leaving ALL OF US with a added $ 3 trillion dollars in deficit.
Bush came into office with a 2 trillion surplus, but who make a good point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2009, 09:53 PM
 
3,342 posts, read 5,244,146 times
Reputation: 2283
basic root of the problem was that in the early to mid 90s the rules were changed Fannie/Freddie to buy Subprime mortgages packaged into securities (millions of dollars of debt grouped together and sold). The government started adding incentives for banks to issue the sub-prime mortgages.

Sub-Prime mortgages ended up becoming more popular then traditional mortgages, default rates rose, banks were unable to sell mortgage backed securities. Then after Lehman Bros crashed, everyone got nervous of any kind of securities at all. Caused a domino affect throughout everything because credit became so restricted.

It was a problem that was brewing for 15 years before the crash happened... To blame it on any one person or political party is just stupid. Plenty of blame to go around.


There are 2 main areas where i disagree with the way things are currently being handled. The first is not getting this healthcare thing done. They need to act on it immediately. Businesses are scared of hiring new employees because no one has any idea of what healthcare reform will actually consist of and what kind of premiums it might cost them... Secondly they need to clarify what the "stress test" consists of. They are hanging this "stress test" over the banks heads but not defining what is neccessary to pass. so money is not being lent because banks fear failing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2009, 12:07 AM
 
Location: Ocean County
1,057 posts, read 501,646 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDolan View Post
Hey people,

If you are hurting, unemployed, scared of losing your job, have lost thousands of dollars on your 401K- PLEASE, PLEASE

If you did not vote for Bush- I emphatize with you. I feel for you.

If you voted for Bush- PLEASE- Do Not blame me. Do not blame us.

We told you so!!!!

don't worry, there are about 16 million republicans across the united states who have LOST their jobs & actually voted for Bush.

In the words of Obama: "He's a jackass."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2009, 12:09 AM
 
Location: Ocean County
1,057 posts, read 501,646 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSLX View Post
For southern uneducated hick states. Yes, I can believe that. For many midwestern states full of uneducated peopel- Yes, I can believe that.
So this post is cool, but people on here have heart attacks when someone dare says they don't want to move in next to Indians making smelly food? Ugh, blue state life sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2009, 06:40 AM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 9,374,807 times
Reputation: 3105
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYBERSPACE View Post
ShoreBAB-

Bush came into office in 2000 promising 1.2 million jobs every year as President.
He left office in 2008 with a Net Loss of 22 million jobs. A net loss.

Bush came into office in 2000 inheriting a $600 Billion surplus.
Bush left in 2008 leaving ALL OF US with a added $ 3 trillion dollars in deficit.

Proud republican, yes. Partisan republican, okay.

This is why you want your children to get a college education. This is a perfect example of what can happen.
But being a stupid Jerseyan- NO !

Ummm Bush isn't President.

I think you are exposing yourself for what you are. A person who is bereft of a coherent argument who resorts to ad hominem attacks. Pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2009, 06:43 AM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 9,374,807 times
Reputation: 3105
Quote:
Originally Posted by swb212 View Post
Wow that's a credible source: "michaelscomments.files.wordpress.com" - glad you took the time to share this with us. A job doing PR for the Tea Party Wingnuts can't be far behind.
Umm please point out where the data is wrong. This is another favored tactic of the intellectually weak. Try to disparage the source, and ignore the facts. More pathetic ranting.

Also note another fascinating aspect of these types of arguments. The implication that if a source more to the posters liking were presented that would be persuasive. LOL. This chart has been reproduced far and wide by sources left and right. But our intellectually lazy friend has not, and I suspect, will not make an effort to find it.

Last edited by shorebaby; 11-08-2009 at 07:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2009, 06:50 AM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 9,374,807 times
Reputation: 3105
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSLX View Post
shorebaby,

Now I'm not a real republican just because I refuse to agree with your stupidity?

listen, yes. I discriminate. I discriminate, despise & I am always embarassed when I hear uneducated people who call themselves a republican. We have two classes within the party. You have the Chris Christies, Christie Whitman, Tom Keans versus the high school educated broke, penniless, followers who makes Limbaugh rich.

You are a disgrace.

Being ignorant is not a crime. But remaining one is.

I expect your crap in places like Alabama, Mississipi, rural Ohio. But here in New Jersey ???

Again folks please note the ad hominem nature of the attacks of these folks. It is fascinating to note they somehow believe the liberal line owns some kind of intellectual dominance yet they can't string together a coherent argument. I invite everyone to review the rant by our learned friend and let's play a game. Let's Identify an actual argument. So sad.

But this is what the Dems have come to rely on folks who are brainwashed to tow the party line. This can be the only explanation as to why the state votes repeatedly for Dems even as they drive the state into the ground. Now that some how proves the intellectual superiority of our state. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:59 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top