Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 04:44 PM

594 posts, read 1,199,666 times

Advertisements

Today, the high was upper 60s/low 70s in most of New Jersey - under bright clear blue sky, calm wind and low humidity - Beautiful day!
This nice unseasonable warm, sunny weather continues the next few days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 04:46 PM

195 posts, read 491,665 times
I'm not sure it can be called unseasonable for much longer. I remember that as far back as 1998, warm days like this are no longer so uncommon in the late fall and early winter in northern NJ.

http://escapefromjersey.blogspot.com/

Old 11-08-2009, 05:01 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,903,642 times
It's called Global Warming--watch the news lately

Old 11-08-2009, 05:52 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,708 times
A beautiful day for sure. Kids at the park with short sleeve t-shirts on. Can't beat that in early November.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:26 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,917,820 times
Spent the day on the beach. Relaxed a bit then fished for stripers for a few hours. Water isn't even that cold! Hope to get out on the boat tomorrow!

Old 11-08-2009, 08:11 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,735,219 times
Yes, today was a winner; from walking my dog on the beach in the morning, to spending the afternoon strolling and driving around Wildwood Crest, it does not get much better than this! Although I do love typical late Autumn weather, I have to admit that perfect sunshine and blue skies was a welcome November Sunday distraction.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:35 AM

594 posts, read 1,199,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Chin View Post
I'm not sure it can be called unseasonable for much longer. I remember that as far back as 1998, warm days like this are no longer so uncommon in the late fall and early winter in northern NJ.

Escape From NJ
Well, they use the term 'unseasonable' in weather forecast sometimes.
Many times would be heard on News12NJ.

'unseasonable' means it's either warmer or colder than what it should be for the time of the year.

70s in mid-November, or random day in winter occurs once or twice a year. But 50s and 60s occurs few times a month.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:52 AM

195 posts, read 491,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmBch View Post
Well, they use the term 'unseasonable' in weather forecast sometimes.
Many times would be heard on News12NJ.

'unseasonable' means it's either warmer or colder than what it should be for the time of the year.

70s in mid-November, or random day in winter occurs once or twice a year. But 50s and 60s occurs few times a month.
The important thing is that you and many others got to enjoy the weather.

My point is simply that days like this during late fall and winter seem to have become increasingly common over the past decade.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:15 AM

1,184 posts, read 4,043,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
It's called Global Warming--watch the news lately
Oh give me a freaking break! This has nothing to do with "global warming," "global cooling," or "climate change."

This is known as Indian Summer.

And from NOAA:

The first cold spell of the fall signifying the change of seasons makes many people long
for Indian Summer. But what exactly is Indian Summer?

True Indian Summer is a period of abnormally warm weather following the first killing
freeze of autumn. A killing freeze occurs when the overnight temperature reaches 28
degrees of cold…and may or may not occur with frost. Indian Summer typically occurs
in mid to late autumn and can occur more than once.

In Europe…the equivalent of Indian Summer is termed Old Wives Summer or in poetry
as Halcyon Days. In England…it is known as either St. Martin’s Summer or St. Luke’s
Summer depending on the date of occurrence.

Brian Pierce

Old 11-09-2009, 11:32 AM

501 posts, read 1,429,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
Spent the day on the beach. Relaxed a bit then fished for stripers for a few hours. Water isn't even that cold! Hope to get out on the boat tomorrow!

Yes, perfect day to go to the beach. Hope you had fun today, as well.

( If it wasn't for school, I would go in a heart beat.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey