U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 05:09 AM

5,348 posts, read 9,435,297 times

Advertisements

they only work 180 days a year, 8 officers in Edison make over 200k and have great vacation time and unlimited yes that right UNLIMITED sick time. This has got to slow down. Let hope this slows down. This is really getting out of control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 06:48 AM

1,944 posts, read 3,048,226 times
Quote:
they only work 180 days a year
Cut the BS. How many HOURS do they work a year? Compare it to the teachers hours per year?

Old 11-10-2009, 07:10 AM

11,039 posts, read 15,744,560 times
These are not patrol officers, they are Captains & lieutenants making over $180K a year.
If this is the article you read I don't see anywhere in it they only work 180 days per year

Edison cops irked by police promotions | Local New Jersey News - - NJ.com

Old 11-10-2009, 11:30 AM

5,348 posts, read 9,435,297 times
my husband read it to me in the star ledger, he may have been wrong. Its still alot of money. SHould of not wasted my brains and became a cop. Ohh well too late for me.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:41 AM

127 posts, read 197,207 times
Captains and Lieutenants put in many hours and years of hard work and put their lives and health in jeopardy the entire time in their careers. If you think you could have worked your way up to be one then yeah you should have become a cop and tried to become a high-ranking cop by the age of those guys. Of course, any job pretty much has an advancement path that lets you advance to the highest levels of leadership where you get paid lots of money. If you worked your way up in a private corporation to be an exec you'd be paid much more than these police captains and lieutenants. Why not instead of complaining just go work some job you like and work your way up since it's so easy in your mind?

Old 11-10-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyKdros View Post
Captains and Lieutenants put in many hours and years of hard work and put their lives and health in jeopardy the entire time in their careers. If you think you could have worked your way up to be one then yeah you should have become a cop and tried to become a high-ranking cop by the age of those guys. Of course, any job pretty much has an advancement path that lets you advance to the highest levels of leadership where you get paid lots of money. If you worked your way up in a private corporation to be an exec you'd be paid much more than these police captains and lieutenants. Why not instead of complaining just go work some job you like and work your way up since it's so easy in your mind?
She doesn't have to work...and I'm jealous

Old 11-10-2009, 12:03 PM

127 posts, read 197,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
She doesn't have to work...and I'm jealous
I'm jealous too, but it always seems to be the people with no job who get everything handed to them that complain the loudest about what other people make.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:53 PM

102 posts, read 150,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
they only work 180 days a year, 8 officers in Edison make over 200k and have great vacation time and unlimited yes that right UNLIMITED sick time. This has got to slow down. Let hope this slows down. This is really getting out of control.
You probably have cops or families supported by a cop responding to this. I do believe that police officers work hard and have a dangerous job. I also know in most places they don't need college degree. $200k is extreme.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestlequik View Post
You probably have cops or families supported by a cop responding to this. I do believe that police officers work hard and have a dangerous job. I also know in most places they don't need college degree. $200k is extreme.

Read the article it's not $200K and it's top ranking cops not the guy on the street
and many many depts now require a college degree or military serviece in lieu of a degree

Glad NJ has lots of cops and lots of teachers or else some would have nothing to ***** about

Old 11-10-2009, 02:52 PM

232 posts, read 337,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyKdros View Post
Captains and Lieutenants put in many hours and years of hard work and put their lives and health in jeopardy the entire time in their careers.
No disrespect to cops, but in many suburban towns, rarely are their "lives and health in jeopardy the entire time in their careers". Certain big cities, yes. Most of suburban NJ, no way.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey