Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 09:25 AM

127 posts, read 310,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
It's hours away from the beach and there's no waterfront property outside of which I can dock my boat. Paramus = fail.
Unless it's a house on the Hudson or Hackensack or Passaic or another river or lake hopatcong you won't find one where you can dock your boat in Northern NJ. VD=fail...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 09:45 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,917,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyKdros View Post
Unless it's a house on the Hudson or Hackensack or Passaic or another river or lake hopatcong you won't find one where you can dock your boat in Northern NJ. VD=fail...
Eh, lakes and rivers don't do it for me. I need salt water, sandy beaches, etc. Plus aren't those waterways polluted unless you go wayyy far out west by Pa.?

Last edited by VeradoDan; 11-11-2009 at 09:54 AM..

Old 11-11-2009, 09:58 AM

195 posts, read 491,598 times
Quote:
Eh, lakes and rivers don't do it for me. I need salt water, sandy beaches, etc. Plus aren't those waterways polluted unless you go wayyy far out west by Pa.?
Yes, yes they are. The Passaic River is essentially one massive channel of sewage, trash, and toxins. The EPA is still trying to figure out just how the heck to clean it up.

Lake Hopatcong is quite nice though, as are most of the lakes in western and northwestern NJ.

Escape From NJ

Old 11-11-2009, 10:01 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,917,624 times
I'd like to visit Lake Hopatcong. Was trying to plan a day trip (or one night trip) up there this summer but never got there. I'm not sure if I could ever get used to swimming/fishing in fresh water, though. Having a muddy, slippery bottom would freak me out, I think.

On topic, I'm sure Paramus is a great town for people who have the priorities that that town emphasizes, but it would never be for me.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:34 AM

127 posts, read 310,892 times
Quote:
Well salt water isn't an option in Bergen County and Northern NJ and that's what this thread is about if you would look at the title of it.

What if you made a thread that said that your beach town, whatever it is, was the best one on the Jersey Shore and then I said "Oh that beach town has no palm trees and you can't swim there year-round like I can do at my parents condo in Florida in Delray Beach. Your town on the Jersey Shore = FAIL" Of course if your post is about the Jersey Shore it's stupid for me to say it's a FAIL and compare it to Florida because that's not what your post was about. Same thing here you can't compare your Jersey Shore salt-water town to Bergen County and Northern NJ because that's a whole different thing.

By the way your jersey shore town really is a massive FAIL compared to Delray Beach in Florida.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:39 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
The traffic on routes 17 and 4 is a nightmare at just about any time of day. I would never want to live in Paramus for that reason alone.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:58 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,958,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Chin View Post
Yes, yes they are. The Passaic River is essentially one massive channel of sewage, trash, and toxins. The EPA is still trying to figure out just how the heck to clean it up.

Lake Hopatcong is quite nice though, as are most of the lakes in western and northwestern NJ.

Escape From NJ
This dude keeps shilling for his cry baby blog.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:54 AM
cml

180 posts, read 290,242 times
I am not familar with Bergen but I have been to the mall there and I will tell there is a lot Asians in Bergen the town area surrounding the mall there's nothing wrong with that I just happened to noticed thats all

Old 09-28-2010, 11:16 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,247,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyKdros View Post
There are bunch of marina/docks along the hudson river...

Hudson County Marinas
Bergen County Marinas

...and then some more that are private on NJ side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey