Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 02:47 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,876 times

Advertisements

Lately there are death-threats to end this show. Watching the first two episodes I can't blame Italians or conservative minded people for being angry. They show girls undressing in the jacuzzi and trashy Italians claiming to be a well cultured example. This show is very entertaining though so I'm not gonna hate. Atleast people are having fun.

'Jersey Shore' Prompts Drama, Death Threats | PopEater.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 03:00 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,390 times
I was in shock when I saw this group for the first time as they reminded me SO MUCH of the cujines (sp? as we called Guidos back in the day) from Brooklyn and the Bronx that my Manhattan Irish/German girlfriends and I liked so much approximately 20 years ago. I just couldn't believe that these people exist exactly as they did two decades ago, EXACTLY. Hair and attitude, minus the eyebrows which was probably started by Puerto Ricans actually (I first noticed tweezed eyebrows on males several yrs ago in PR well before I ever saw that trend on males here). I agree with the poster that says this culture originates in NY, though having grown up in Manhattan I know it was rare for a guido to be from Manhattan. These people are certainly identical to the original BK and BX guidos from the 80's! LOL

Old 12-08-2009, 03:00 PM

636 posts, read 1,423,768 times
The Italians who are complaining need to relax, they aren't representing all Italians. They're representing their dopey selves.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:19 PM

825 posts, read 3,160,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
I was in shock when I saw this group for the first time as they reminded me SO MUCH of the cujines (sp? as we called Guidos back in the day) from Brooklyn and the Bronx that my Manhattan Irish/German girlfriends and I liked so much approximately 20 years ago. I just couldn't believe that these people exist exactly as they did two decades ago, EXACTLY. Hair and attitude, minus the eyebrows which was probably started by Puerto Ricans actually (I first noticed tweezed eyebrows on males several yrs ago in PR well before I ever saw that trend on males here). I agree with the poster that says this culture originates in NY, though having grown up in Manhattan I know it was rare for a guido to be from Manhattan. These people are certainly identical to the original BK and BX guidos from the 80's! LOL
i think it might be cugines, and yes I heard that term just the other day. guidos.. or cugines.. have been around for a while. the guido, I would say is rooted from the "greaser" back in the 50's, they had sort of that same attitude and they had greased up hair. in the 70's, you had young Italian men from Brooklyn, who would barely finish high school, go to the gym all day, and work a construction job. similar to Tony Manero from Saturday Night Fever, except he worked at a hardware store and he wasn't much of a weight lifter... more of a dancer kinda guy. but it's the same concept, the stereotypical is this tough guy from Brooklyn or Staten Island or Jersey who lifts weights all day and works on construction, and then I night he tries to hit up all the clubs in Manhattan. Tony Manero is the earliest form of a guido I can think of.

but now as you said, guidos are sorta girly. they shave every square inch of there body and their eyebrows are all like perfectly shaped. it looks like a pair of girl's eyebrows. a lot of hispanics have become part of the guido movement... probably because they're self-hating hispanics and they wanna play off as italians, which pisses me off, but I can't really complain since I used to pretend I was Mexican, or Cuban, or Puerto Rican, or Colombian, to get with some attractive Latina women.

oh but yeah, I hate this show. these women are not Italian women. if they were from real italian families, they would be ousted. I can tell you this, if I ever have a daughter she would behave like a nice Italian girl. Italian women are beautiful and they aren't sluts. the women in this show are clearly fake. they are clearly some self-hating trashy women and they like italian food prob so they just say they are italian... bitchez. if my daughters were anything like them, I'd keep them in a cage... then i would oust them from the family.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:37 PM

825 posts, read 3,160,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfJersey View Post
Exactly. Why hate on ANY television or radio show? Just don't watch it if you don't like it. I know it's hard for some to believe, but there are plenty of people who DO act like this at the Shoe and plenty of girls who aren't too embarrassed about taking their clothes off, especially with some alcohol involved.

This show is actually pretty believable, and pretty entertaining too.
believable? are you kidding me? no one acts like the way people do. there is no one on the Eath who is a big enough Mod cut: languageand is so self-centered that he would actually go around saying, "Yeah, I'm pretty much Rambo without a shirt on" no one declares themself a guido, at least nobody i've met. and when I go down to Seaside Heights, I don't see guidos all over the place, maybe one or two. I see families and I see teens and young adults, some more trashy than others. But I have seen nothing like what I have seen on this show. The people on the show make me want to throw up. and the fact that you actually said it's believable is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey