U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 09:32 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,943,149 times

Advertisements

What the heck happened to Pompton Lakes. People have always told me that Pompton Lakes used to be shopping central for the surrounding towns before the malls put the Mom and Pop shops out of buissness. Is there any truth to this? When did Pompton Lakes' downtown start to close up?

PS I know that Pompton Lakes is still a nice place to live but it does seem like the downtown has seen better days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 08:43 AM

555 posts, read 1,430,229 times
I don't know all the history but currently downtown is just run down... the sidewalks are too narrow, street needs to be repaved, absolutely no parking... there have been a lot of proposals put together to improve the downtown to make it almost Hoboken like with more sidewalk cafes and things, parks near the river, etc but I haven't seen or heard anything about it in a year or two. They can't even repave the walking path beside the lake. Frankly I'm not sure what my taxes there do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey