Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 05:33 PM

74 posts, read 304,350 times

Advertisements

I hate when you people cry about ruining the wetlands or other land that is not developed. Go move to Africa or something and live in the jungle then. I work in Secaucus and commute to Bloomfield everyday via route 3 and Xanadu is not the cause of all the traffic. The traffic sucks because the ramps to rt 21 dont have a enter/exit lane and it backs traffic up everyday for rush hour, with or without the mall. And im glad they put something on the god-ugly swampland that is along rt. 3, if it has something in it that i don't have to go out of my way for than im all for it. I do agree that the outside is hideous though, it looks like its made out of legos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 05:37 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,902,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusIS250 View Post
I hate when you people cry about ruining the wetlands or other land that is not developed. Go move to Africa or something and live in the jungle then. I work in Secaucus and commute to Bloomfield everyday via route 3 and Xanadu is not the cause of all the traffic. The traffic sucks because the ramps to rt 21 dont have a enter/exit lane and it backs traffic up everyday for rush hour, with or without the mall
Of course it is not the cause of traffic in the area you describe--the Xanadu is not even open yet--so no one is going there yet!

However once it opens the traffic will be many times worse on these highways. When the Xanadu opens I am sure you will quickly change your tune :-)

Old 11-17-2009, 06:36 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,883,925 times
I hate the look of this building. It's ugly, unneeded, gluttonous, and definitely going to be a strain on the environment. Overall, I think the old Camden prison site would have been a brilliant spot for it. I will give it kudos for being an interesting concept, I just think that they poorly went about designing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Chin View Post
The Vineland area might be another good spot in South Jersey, but I think that Camden would be a more strategic location; it's close to Philly (where many people go to as is for vacation/road trips), and they already have the Aquarium; so why not build upon that to further establish Camden as a family destination?

I agree with you In theory, Xanadu is a nice idea; but it seems like overkill, in so many ways, for the area in which it's being built.

As a resident of the Vineland area, I would be protesting this thing the moment they put the announcement in the newpaper. There are not enough people in our area to support such a mammoth building, it would destroy a lot of our precious wilderness and farm land, and we DO NOT have the infrastructure for such a place. A.C. is another maybe, but overall I think Camden would have been best.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:39 PM

825 posts, read 3,160,065 times
Quote:
I hate when you people cry about ruining the wetlands or other land that is not developed. Go move to Africa or something and live in the jungle then. I work in Secaucus and commute to Bloomfield everyday via route 3 and Xanadu is not the cause of all the traffic. The traffic sucks because the ramps to rt 21 dont have a enter/exit lane and it backs traffic up everyday for rush hour, with or without the mall. And im glad they put something on the god-ugly swampland that is along rt. 3, if it has something in it that i don't have to go out of my way for than im all for it. I do agree that the outside is hideous though, it looks like its made out of legos.
The wetlands are important to the environment. I understand we need development, but too much developement is bad! You call the swamplands ugly, but maybe you should research them and find out how important they are. If everyone thought like you did, then the Earth would no longer be able to sustain human life. The Earth is a big planet, it would heal itself, but humans would've already died out by then. Now let me ask you this: Do you want to be alive 15 years from now?

Don't be so quick to label me a tree hugger, because I'm actually a Republican. I'm just a regular person that wants to breathe clean air.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:13 AM

467 posts, read 1,488,717 times
iT'S UGLY, SORRY and I don't think the "powers that be" put much thought into the traffic problem. The
traffic there is horrendous on any given day, during the week, all year long, this will just make it worse.
I feel sorry for those who have to commute along this corridor...just really stupid putting this thing
there.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:27 AM

80 posts, read 219,381 times
It looks like a container ship hit dry land. I can't believe anyone looked at this plan and approved it. Maybe they were paid off. Or drunk. Or both.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:33 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmBch View Post
Xanadu Meadowlands is a five-story retail and entertainment complex undergoing construction in the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, New Jersey, USA. Only minutes from Manhattan. Xanadu Meadowlands will be the largest retail and entertainment complex in the United States and the third largest in the world, with 4,500,000 square feet (418,000 m2) of entertainment, sports, retail, office, and hotel space. The Xanadu Project will reside within the Meadowlands Sports Complex, using underutilized and existing parking areas. Additional parking will be provided through the addition of new parking decks. It will be accessible via the new NJ-Transit Meadowlands Rail Line.

New new mall will have PLENTY of enterteiment, stores, restaurants, sports & activities. It will also have indoor Skiing & Snow activities, legoland, which will be the first in North America. It will also have luxury hotels, amusement parks, horse racing, new stadiums and much more! It will be open in 2010!

Opening hours:
Mon - Sat 10 am - 9:30 pm
Sun 11 am - 7 pm

Xanadu Meadowlands <- Official website
Xanadu Meadowlands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is the ugliest structure I've ever seen built in New Jersey, and that says a lot. When I first started seeing it from the train a couple of years ago, I thought they'd dumped a bunch of shipping containers in the Meadowlands and I was angry about that. Then I found it was actually DESIGNED to look like that.

What are these people thinking? Do we not have enough malls, enough "entertainment centers" in NJ that we have to destroy some of the last of our natural swampland?????

Old 11-18-2009, 11:38 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Well, golly gee, I hate it when "you people" think that the other creatures that share our state and live in the swamp habitat are worthy of extinction so that you can go out and get "entertained". What will happen to the red-wing blackbirds and egrets and other animals and birds that thrive in that habitat? The swampland is ugly? What, concrete is pretty?

There has to be a balance, and the balance of nature is being destroyed in the swamps.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:48 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, golly gee, I hate it when "you people" think that the other creatures that share our state and live in the swamp habitat are worthy of extinction so that you can go out and get "entertained". What will happen to the red-wing blackbirds and egrets and other animals and birds that thrive in that habitat? The swampland is ugly? What, concrete is pretty?

There has to be a balance, and the balance of nature is being destroyed in the swamps.
Aren't there environmental regulations in place, and legal hoops to go thru before something this large can be built in the first place? You know, environmental impact studies, etc?

Old 11-18-2009, 02:00 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,660,438 times
[quote]
Quote:
I hate when you people cry about ruining the wetlands or other land that is not developed
Another uninformed incredibly stupid comment. All the development in the "useless wetlands" has caused flooding throughout the town. when you can't get out of Secaucus when it floods, you can sit in your car and cry. There was no flooding before they built on the wetlands because that's where the runoff went to during the rains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey