Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 01:37 AM

314 posts, read 547,079 times

Advertisements

i knew it was too good to be true. id been wondering why newark real estate was so cheap despite its close proximity to NYC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 05:11 PM

137 posts, read 386,141 times
THAT'S THE THING...it's so close to NYC, but NJ is a dump, especially Newark. Don't come here if you're used to good living! You won't find it here, Unless you're high class and love to evade your taxes.
NJ is nothing like NYC, never will be and will forever be 1 million steps behind progress!
I work for a company based out on L.I., that has an office in Newark. I work there. I could never understand why any viable business would put an office here?

JE

Old 01-08-2010, 10:21 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini365i View Post
THAT'S THE THING...it's so close to NYC, but NJ is a dump, especially Newark. Don't come here if you're used to good living! You won't find it here, Unless you're high class and love to evade your taxes.
NJ is nothing like NYC, never will be and will forever be 1 million steps behind progress!
I work for a company based out on L.I., that has an office in Newark. I work there. I could never understand why any viable business would put an office here?

JE
Thats very offensive too most of the ppl on this forum. Newark is not a Dump. It has comeback form a terrible corrupt period and is now a thriving City. Newark is the Center for the Interstates and Rail network for tri-state. Also has a Port & In't Airport. Thats why alot of businesses are located there. How many times have you actually been there?

Old 01-09-2010, 01:37 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,884,962 times
Booker is doing what he can to fix Newark, and the Forest Hills section is still pretty nice. It's a rough town, don't get me wrong, but it's on its way up. It doesn't help that NJ is the MOST corrupt state in the union.

BTW, NJ is NOT a dump. Newark, Elizabeth, and Camden are dumps (ESPECIALLY Camden, which they might as well bomb it's in such bad condition)

Old 01-10-2010, 10:37 AM

728 posts, read 1,965,283 times
Booker is a good mayor but he can only do so much with Newark, it will never in my opinion be a nice place but some sections are okay and it has a viable business district.

Places like Camden are dumps but NJ is not a dump.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:51 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,960,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nykstevenyg View Post
Booker is a good mayor but he can only do so much with Newark, it will never in my opinion be a nice place
They said the same thing about Jersey City in the 80's.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:09 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
They said the same thing about Jersey City in the 80's.
And look at it now , its a Major Modern City in NJ , even the bad parts are nice. But Newark isn't so bad once , you peal back the ugly past , its a unique city. In 10 years it will be at Jersey City Standards.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:35 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,143,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
But Newark isn't so bad once , you peal back the ugly past , its a unique city. In 10 years it will be at Jersey City Standards.
I was thinking the same thing. Newark is not going to thrive until people start getting priced out of Jersey City. Just like Jersey City didn't start to thrive until people started getting priced out of Hoboken. It's all a trickle down effect. Jersey City has the advantageous location of being closer to NYC and has a decent waterfront. There is still a long way to go in JC. The Journal Square area is just starting to get revitalized. Once that area fills in there may be more hope for Newark.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:04 PM

728 posts, read 1,965,283 times
Jersey City always had a waterfront while it was not nice it was right by NYC. Parts of Jersey City still are bad. Also, Newark is much larger then JC and was still worse then JC in its worse day.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:36 AM

2,239 posts, read 3,229,552 times
So that's a NO for Newark. Or Ironbound is a Yes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey