Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 03:05 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,933,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by talblkman View Post
All I know is I'm going through Weichert Financial and you guys have me scared as Shi*! I'm a first time home buyer with a closing date of 3/18/13 and yall got me about to cry.
Don't let them frighten you too much. In survey after survey, Weichert Financial customers say they are extremely happy with the service they received, and that they would recommend WF to friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 05:31 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,745,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Here in central NJ, it's extremely rare to have a lawyer there from the lender at all, while the majority of buyers & sellers do have their own lawyers, who attend (and conduct) the closing. In fact, in my 11 years as a real estate agent, I have NEVER seen a lawyer for the lender show up at a routine home sale closing.
That may be, but I did do a closing with Weichert and had the option of using a lawyer from Weichert or my own lawyer. I used my own, done at the title company. This was for a refinance.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:01 PM

3 posts, read 2,967 times
Closing with this company was a total nightmare. If I hadn't stayed on them 24/7 to get things accomplished that should have been done weeks before it would have never closed. This is the smallest loan ($83,000) we have ever taken out for a any of the nine homes we've purchased over the years but we were required to jump through more hoops then when securing a $550,000 loan. Service after the closing is just as bad if not worse. If you sign up for an ebill you never even get to see any kind of billing statement. There are absolutely zero contact numbers on their website to even call for service and when you use their eservice message site it tells you they'll get back with you within 30 days maybe 45 days if research needs done. You can't make any changes to mailing addresses without faxing it to them. The information was faxed 20 days ago and the change hasn't been made. When I did manage to track down a phone number and got someone on the line they told me it has to be faxed or mailed. I told her it had already been done and she said it had to be done again. Screw that everyone other financial institute I use allows you to update contact information via their website. I also used Weichert Relocation for our insurance needs when this move was made and the service from the insurance department was equally deplorable. Not to mention the rates nearly doubled in one year with zero claims on any of the five policies that I purchased. Told them where they could put it and moved to another company.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:14 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,745,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck37421 View Post
Closing with this company was a total nightmare. If I hadn't stayed on them 24/7 to get things accomplished that should have been done weeks before it would have never closed. This is the smallest loan ($83,000) we have ever taken out for a any of the nine homes we've purchased over the years but we were required to jump through more hoops then when securing a $550,000 loan. Service after the closing is just as bad if not worse. If you sign up for an ebill you never even get to see any kind of billing statement. There are absolutely zero contact numbers on their website to even call for service and when you use their eservice message site it tells you they'll get back with you within 30 days maybe 45 days if research needs done. You can't make any changes to mailing addresses without faxing it to them. The information was faxed 20 days ago and the change hasn't been made. When I did manage to track down a phone number and got someone on the line they told me it has to be faxed or mailed. I told her it had already been done and she said it had to be done again. Screw that everyone other financial institute I use allows you to update contact information via their website. I also used Weichert Relocation for our insurance needs when this move was made and the service from the insurance department was equally deplorable. Not to mention the rates nearly doubled in one year with zero claims on any of the five policies that I purchased. Told them where they could put it and moved to another company.
They're great at closing, aren't they? [kidding] Get your payment changed to a paper bill, then you can go on line into weichertfinancial.com and make an on-line payment with an echeck. You can also add additional principal when you pay here. You check on the link: One Time Draft. There's no charge to do this. With every paper bill you get, you'll see your mortgage balance and payment(s) you've made.

I also changed my mailing address, but don't recall having as much trouble as you. I guess it all depends who you talk to.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:10 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,747,435 times
bump for recent experiences. Was recommended a broker that works for WFS but seems like i may need to look in another direction.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:03 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,185,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkydapimp View Post
bump for recent experiences. Was recommended a broker that works for WFS but seems like i may need to look in another direction.
Run, as fast as you can, away from a WFS agent. I bet you'll get far better service and competitive rates from the market.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:05 AM

1,174 posts, read 1,747,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
Run, as fast as you can, away from a WFS agent. I bet you'll get far better service and competitive rates from the market.
Thanks. They sound like a nightmare!

Old 02-16-2016, 08:18 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,864,277 times
I think it depends entirely on the branch you're dealing with. Our experience was great. We gave him a rate that we were looking for during the attorney review period that was lower than any of the other rates we'd been getting. When it came up we locked it and were done. Paying online every month has been easy and I would think they're equal with any other lender.

Closing took about 20 minutes, as we'd kept versions of everything we were told to gather on a thumb drive and when the underwriter called could pull it back up and send it. We literally closed on the day we agreed on two months prior, it was kind of anticlimatic in the end to sign some paperwork and be handed the keys.

But again, I think it depends entirely on who you are dealing with, I think we lucked into a great organization that listened to us and helped us find the house we wanted. Other realtors took us all over the place to look at places out of our budget or too far away from town.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:13 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
My only complaint about them, Is I could not PUSH money to them, There system only allowed them to Pull money from my account. (I Don't let anyone pull from me)

So my EBill Physically had to postal mail them a check each month. But then it really did not effect me much, A Paper check was set to them each month.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:12 AM

2,257 posts, read 5,185,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
My only complaint about them, Is I could not PUSH money to them, There system only allowed them to Pull money from my account. (I Don't let anyone pull from me)

So my EBill Physically had to postal mail them a check each month. But then it really did not effect me much, A Paper check was set to them each month.
You can set up an automated payment with your bank and they will send a check every month on your behalf. It is no different than you sending a physical check yourself. Here, instead of you, your bank will send a check on the recurring schedule for the preset amount and preset occurrence (which you can update or cancel at anytime).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: