Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2009, 04:59 PM

5 posts, read 21,264 times

Advertisements

My fiancee and I are finishing up grad school this spring and we are looking to get out of Illinois. I am a figure skater, not a national level or anything. I've never landed a triple axel or been on tv lol but I would love to train at the Ice House in Hackensack and my fiance is ok with almost anywhere as long as we are both happy. I like how close it is to NYC but I was wondering if it would be too sleepy for us. We aren't big partiers at all and since we are engaged meeting people to date isn't an issue we just don't want to be the only 25 year olds and be bored in the suburbs. If you know of a better town near Hackensack and NYC please let me know! We are researching lots of places to live!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 05:11 PM

195 posts, read 491,665 times
Where in Illinois are you living? Illinois has some cool spots, Quad Cities and Galena come to mind

Old 11-28-2009, 01:19 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,917,820 times
Have you considered the cost of living in New Jersey? That might take a bite out of your fun right from the start.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:25 PM

195 posts, read 491,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
Have you considered the cost of living in New Jersey? That might take a bite out of your fun right from the start.
Good point, not to mention the traffic. What's your budget?

It's safe to say that most places within a 15 mile radius of NYC won't be sleepy.

Old 11-28-2009, 03:35 PM

835 posts, read 1,179,900 times
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 11-28-2009, 09:02 PM

44 posts, read 124,439 times
You might like the north end of Hackensack close to Maywood/Paramus. Clean, safe, and not too sleepy.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:02 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,104 times
Well once you enter Hackensack it states "Welcome to Hackensack: A City In Motion"

I think it's a little of an exaggeration, but it's not a complete lie. There's numerous buses that travel through the city going to places like NYC, Paterson, Jersey City, Ridgewood, The mall, etc. And the City offers plenty of luxury apartments along Prospect Ave. which is a safe area to live, as long as you stay away from areas around the High School. (First St, Eastern section of Central Ave, and along most of Union.)

I just think your best bet is looking for places to rent along Prospect Ave. or to look around some areas of Passaic St. because I know they have nice apartment complexes as well.

If someone tells you that Hackensack is a complete ghetto, don't believe them. I live here and I know there's spots that can be iffy, but for the most part, Hackensack is an overall safe city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey