Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 10:55 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times

Advertisements

Moral of story, check on your car periodically. When I park on the street, I walk (out of my way) by every day, mostly to make sure nobody has bashed the windows in and stolen anything. I'd encourage all street-parkers to do the same.

The town posted the notice in advance. They're not required to do any more. It costs the town a lot of money to prepare to do work on a certain day at a certain time. If cars are in the way, they have to go. It stinks, but I don't see any argument that would get you out of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 05:10 PM

Another good reason to check on your car...

I parked on a side-street this morning and when I walked by this evening I found shattered glass (beer bottles) on the hood, windshield and roof of my car. Best to get that off before it causes more damage.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:54 PM

636 posts, read 1,423,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletwain View Post
Thanks. Unfortunately, I think you're right and its a lost cause.
As for notification — yes, something like personal letter would be nice. If I won't pay taxes or this stupid ticket in time, they will have no problems finding me. Or before calling a tow truck and writing me ticket, the cop could walk to my door, ring the bell and ask me to move the car. That would take the same amount of time for them, but, of course, its a too humane thing to do.
I'm the last guy to defend the government, but it's your responsibility to check on your car. You had a week.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,036 times
Hi,
My car was towed yesterday even that i paid for parking.I have parking receipt issued with the license registration # on it.Our fault was that we didn't put the receipt on the front on the top of the dash.
I paid the towing $170in order to get out my car from this place and get out with my small kids.. Thay gave me a Invoice that i can appeal.
Any suggestion....

Old 05-17-2010, 01:47 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,660,438 times
Quote:
My car was towed yesterday even that i paid for parking.
It sounds like your car was towed from a private lot. If so, your issue is with the property owner.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:12 PM
I_M

1 posts, read 1,468 times
Hello.. I live in jersey City NJ. I parked my car on the street and I got towed because there was a festival going on by Hamilton Park. I packed the car the night before at 10 PM and the car was towed the day after at 9:30AM. There were no signs on the street to state that there should be no parking. Do I have a chance of fighting this tix and towing charges in court OR is this a lost case? Should the residents get some sort of warning. My neighboor stated that a cop was knocking on my door but I wasn't there that morning.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_M View Post
Hello.. I live in jersey City NJ. I parked my car on the street and I got towed because there was a festival going on by Hamilton Park. I packed the car the night before at 10 PM and the car was towed the day after at 9:30AM. There were no signs on the street to state that there should be no parking. Do I have a chance of fighting this tix and towing charges in court OR is this a lost case? Should the residents get some sort of warning. My neighboor stated that a cop was knocking on my door but I wasn't there that morning.
Are you 100% sure there were no flyers posted on that block? Can you prove it (photos taken the day of, in-person witness testimony)?

If you can prove there were no postings on that block, you might have something (though I'm sure it would still be a tough fight). If you just didn't see the flyers because it was dark or you were in a rush (that happens), then you're out of luck. Jersey City is usually very good about posting temporary parking restrictions for special events, road work, etc., so I'd be surprised if they didn't post flyers for the St. Anthony festival (I'm assuming this is the festival you're referring to). So if you can prove they screwed up, fight it all the way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: