U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2009, 08:29 AM

43 posts, read 61,479 times

Advertisements

Mod cut: no links to specific properties
I am looking to move to the area and it looks like a nice house. The crime rate is one of the lowest in Somerset county, and the middle school seems good (not the best, but good). I dont have kids so that is not a concern yet, but just trying to factor everything in. I am familiar with the area and it seems like the town really cleaned it up. The main street area looks 1000X better than I remember it, and the condos make the town look real cute now. Mod cut: NO citing real estate agenciesIt looks like the house has been well taken care of, and a nice piece of property with a pool, what do you think? It is cheap compared to some of the houses I have been looking at.

Last edited by Viralmd; 12-06-2009 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: No posting specific properties - it gives R.E. agents unfair advantage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 07:13 PM
PDD

8,776 posts, read 14,163,149 times
House prices in SO. BB are lower than surrounding areas but the taxes are much higher. You can get a nicer house in Middlesex or Bridgewater and still wind up with the same monthly payment because of the lower taxes.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,816 times
I would highly recommend not buying in South Bound Brook. The schools stink, the taxes are high, and the traffic is bad. That plus the police have nothing to do by hand out tickets all day. Lastly - I live in the new Condo's and they are about ready to go to 50%+ foreclosure. The people here are terrible. If I had it to do again - I would have moves elsewhere!

Old 05-15-2013, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 943 times
Exclamation I agree

The police here are very harsh on the good citizens of the town and hide in parking lots and the bushes to catch you doing something wrong. Not only are the taxes high, they bill you for a sewer bill, then nail you for traffic violations. Pretty sad to feel like the town is out to get you. Somewhat tyrannical-style government.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:35 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,229,605 times
I have a pending home purchase in SBB...I have been through the town several times lately & I think it seems nice, quiet. The taxes are high though.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:59 PM

13,584 posts, read 16,105,796 times
Although I am not sure that it was worthwhile to resurrect a 3+ year old thread, I will say that I consider South Bound Brook to be one large speed trap for unwary drivers.
If you have to drive through SBB, be sure that you adhere strictly to the speed limits, which are frequently unnaturally low.
The local cops are just lying in wait for anyone exceeding the speed limits by as little as a couple of miles per hour.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:32 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,229,605 times
Ha I didn't even realize it was an old thread.

To be honest when we drive through I haven't seen a lot of cops. I feel like they are like that around where I live currently (warren county).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey