Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2011, 09:21 AM

17,574 posts, read 46,030,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This thread gives me an idea. I've lived in Bergen and Passaic counties most of my life, but in the past year and a half moved down to Monmouth. I'm getting to know my new area, but with a kid in college, I can't afford a real vacation, so maybe I'll spend some time getting to know the other parts of my home state I've never visited before! I love history, and NJ history in particular, and this state has a lot. I keep finding out new things.

Maybe I'll even start a thread about it...
When our kids are a bit older we definitely plan on doing a lot of NJ day trips as well as surrounding states to teach them about their local area. I think it is great to know about your area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 11:36 PM

3 posts, read 9,556 times
What are the difference between north jersey and south jersey and central jersey please explain in details meaning if you can add the citties that are each located in these three different sections, I am from nyc it will be my first time to move to NJ and I would like to know more of Jersey before I moved I would appreciate it thank you.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:10 PM

286 posts, read 849,128 times
There is no real defined boundaries.

North Jersey - roots for New York City sports teams. Probably exit 10 and north on Turnpike is North Jersey. More congested and crowded. Many people who work in NYC live in north Jersey. Very expensive homes and high taxes. Traffic is a nightmare. Houses are on top of each other. Towns in North Jersey - Newark, Paramus, Fort Lee, West Orange.

Central Jersey seems to be more recent concept and much smaller. I think it is exits 7 to 9 on the Turnpike. Not as expensive as North Jersey and more people commute to NYC than Philadelphia. Towns in central Jersey - Trenton, Edison, New Brunswick.

South Jersey is more spread out and cheaper. People can park 5 cars on their driveways and can also park on the street without any fear of getting a ticket. They root for Philadelphia teams. For the price of a small modern house in north jersey, you can get a very large house with 2 acres of land in South Jersey. Not as much traffic nor people. Towns in south Jersey - Cherry Hill, Moorestown, Deptford.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,057,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredJung View Post

North Jersey - roots for New York City sports teams. Probably exit 10 and north on Turnpike is North Jersey. More congested and crowded. Many people who work in NYC live in north Jersey. Very expensive homes and high taxes. Traffic is a nightmare. Houses are on top of each other. Towns in North Jersey - Newark, Paramus, Fort Lee, West Orange.

Central Jersey seems to be more recent concept and much smaller. I think it is exits 7 to 9 on the Turnpike. Not as expensive as North Jersey and more people commute to NYC than Philadelphia. Towns in central Jersey - Trenton, Edison, New Brunswick.

South Jersey is more spread out and cheaper. People can park 5 cars on their driveways and can also park on the street without any fear of getting a ticket. They root for Philadelphia teams. For the price of a small modern house in north jersey, you can get a very large house with 2 acres of land in South Jersey. Not as much traffic nor people. Towns in south Jersey - Cherry Hill, Moorestown, Deptford.
How many are working?

Old 02-04-2013, 07:02 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,616,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredJung View Post

that's funny, my area of north jersey is way less congested than the cherry hill, moorestown, and "route 70" area. i also don't think anyone would argue that sussex county is "congested and crowded" - but thanks for playing!

Old 02-04-2013, 07:12 AM

32,817 posts, read 36,092,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
How many are working?
People or cars?

Old 02-04-2013, 07:22 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,949,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
that's funny, my area of north jersey is way less congested than the cherry hill, moorestown, and "route 70" area. i also don't think anyone would argue that sussex county is "congested and crowded" - but thanks for playing!
We don't exist, remember? Route 31 can get get congested in the spring if you get stuck behind a manure spreader. Smells worse than Elizabeth too

Old 02-04-2013, 07:46 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,616,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
We don't exist, remember? Route 31 can get get congested in the spring if you get stuck behind a manure spreader. Smells worse than Elizabeth too
I know, why do I keep beating my head against the wall and responding to the same thing over and over again! This thread in the S Jersey forum has the same rhetoric - North Jersey (the WHOLE DARN THING) is crowded and too congested, S Jersey is not. Cherry Hill has nearly 3K residents per square mile, my town has 411. But we're overcrowded.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:51 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,949,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I know, why do I keep beating my head against the wall and responding to the same thing over and over again! This thread in the S Jersey forum has the same rhetoric - North Jersey (the WHOLE DARN THING) is crowded and too congested, S Jersey is not. Cherry Hill has nearly 3K residents per square mile, my town has 411. But we're overcrowded.
I had to laugh Saturday-we were in your neck of the woods (some friends of ours recently moved to Long Valley from Mays Landing) for a 1st birthday party. Their families are all from Burlington/Atlantic County so they all made the long trek up Schooley's Mountain Road and *GASP* IT STARTED TO SNOW!!! You should have seen them all looking out the window wondering how the heck they were going to get down off that mountain without smashing into a tree. Silly South Jersey flatlanders

Old 02-04-2013, 08:03 AM

456 posts, read 830,373 times
South New Jersey feels like the Bible Belt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey