Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 08:22 AM

1,106 posts, read 4,897,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
Seriously though, I told this to my mom the other day when I saw it on Channel 7. This guy won the custody battle against his wife over his son and he was crying on the news about how his child wasn't coming back over here fast enough. I was like, are you serious man? At least you know where your kid is and he's safe. You know how many people's kids get abducted every day and nobody even knows or cares? Kids getting kidnapped from the school yard and never being heard from again. For real, it's annoying to see how unimportant **** gets around the clock news coverage while issues concerning public safety (kidnappings of children because of these sexual predators) gets ignored.
So, as long as someone knows who the kidnapper is and that the child is being cared for then the parent shouldn't make a "big deal" about getting the child back? Just suck it up and stop complaining because other kids are kidnapped and the parent's DON'T know who the kidnapper is, so they deserve our attention more?

This child was abducted by his mother. She broke the law. Then, when she died a man unrelated to the child kept him from his surviving parent. How is this unimportant? Who are you to judge in this case? I am sure this is difficult for the child but the fact is the people in Brazil were the cause. Had this child been returned to the custodial parent immediately then he would not be going through this. To think that it is ok to let kidnappers get away with a crime because the did not overtly abuse the child is the most absurd and ignorant statement you could make.

I am very happy for Mr. Goldman and I hope in time Sean will understand that his father loved him enough to NEVER give up the fight to get him back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 08:28 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,934,712 times
Quote:
Most of you are going by the idea that since the child is biologically his, he deserves custody. Let's just say if this custody issue happened in the United States and people knew more about the facts of Mr. Goldman being a jobless bum and probably having issues making him an unfit parent, people would have been saying.. "he doesn't deserve custody". Personally, from what I'm reading about this guy, I think there's a reason why the wife took the child away from him. I don't think Mr. Goldman really cares about his kid, more of the publicity he's getting from his case. Seriously though, this should be about the best interest of the child NOT the parent. If this kid grows up to be a screw up, then you know why.
First, I've never seen any argument that David Goldman is in any way an unfit parent. So I'm going to ignore that part of the post unless and until you provide some shred of proof for it.
I don't know what David Goldman does for a living. I would guess that his employment status changed as he devoted most of his time to trying to get his son back. But that's not important at all. We don't take kids away from their parents, or let other people take them, because the parent has less money than the guy who wants to keep the kid. I mean, did you really just make that argument? That a stranger who married this kids mom, in another country, shoule be given custody over the kids father, becasue he has more mney? Really?

Last edited by knoxgarden; 12-24-2009 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: personal attack in quoted post

Old 12-24-2009, 08:33 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times
Quote:
Well, there was a reason the wife left him to begin with. You guys are making this guy out to be some innocent father when that doesn't seem like the case. From what I've heard, he doesn't seem to be a fit parent.
links please? thanks.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:33 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,928 times
Why is money suddenly an issue here?

I was in Sean's shoes when I was younger: My dad took me away to BRAZIL when I was 2 and refused to allow me to see my mom back home in Boston.

There was nothing I could do. I had to wait until I was old enough to get my passport and come back home to the US.

I met my mom and my sister 2 months before my 19th birthday.

You guys have no idea what it is like to be kept from your OWN biological parent knowing that there is nothing you can do about it. I wondered my whole life why my dad kept me from seeing my family up here. He never came up with a reason as to why I should be raised away from my sister and my relatives - other than his own agenda.

Bruna was wrong when she up and left. She was being selfish and didn't think about what kind of effect it would have on her son in the long run. I am sure he is traumatized. As I was.

I am very glad Sean is coming back home with his dad. That's where he needs to be. I wish I'd had that choice when I was his age.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:39 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,013,445 times
The only thing that I'm sorry about is Sean did not make it back in time to celebrate Hannukah with his dad. Yes, the Goldmans are Jewish.
But alas, all's well that ends well and they can celebrate the New Year back in NJ.

People who think a stepfather has more of a right to a son that a biological father is NUTS. Especially if there is no evidence that the father is an abusive negligent parent.

The way the Brazilian family paraded the son showed they cared more about making a statement than Sean. Disgusting.

If you look at the slideshow in this article:
Father and son reunited in Brazil, head back to US - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/lt_brazil_us_custody_battle - broken link)

you will see Brazilian demonstrators saying Sean is Brazilian and should stay in Brazil. I wonder if their children were taken to and held in a different country if they would sing a different tune. You will also see David Goldman showing a letter that he sent to his son that was rejected by the Brazilian relatives.

I think he should wait 5 years to allow the crazy Brazilian relatives to visit Sean and that he should reject all their letters as well.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:52 AM

13,400 posts, read 28,717,395 times
My only hope is when they land the American press doesn't become like a feeding frenzy..like the Brazilian press this AM

Old 12-24-2009, 11:38 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,013,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
My only hope is when they land the American press doesn't become like a feeding frenzy..like the Brazilian press this AM
From what I just read, the Goldmans are not disclosing where the plane is landing or where they will be having a family reunion. Good on them!
Unlike the Brazilian relatives, they don't consider Sean as an opportunity for media attention.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:41 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
we're so in lock-step with this it's scary, LOL. I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Hopefully a blurb on the news "Sean and David are back in the US" is all we'll see.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
From what I just read, the Goldmans are not disclosing where the plane is landing or where they will be having a family reunion. Good on them!
Unlike the Brazilian relatives, they don't consider Sean as an opportunity for media attention.

Hmm private charted jet could be Teterboro, Morristown in North Jersey
I'm sure there are small airports in central jersey as well

GOOD FOR THEM

Old 12-24-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
we're so in lock-step with this it's scary, LOL. I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Hopefully a blurb on the news "Sean and David are back in the US" is all we'll see.
That's all we need to see and pray everything goes as smooth as possible for the family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey