U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-21-2007, 01:15 PM
yan yan started this thread

4 posts, read 20,247 times
Default Question about chatham hill apartment?

Hi

We plan to rent an two bedroom apartment at Chatham hills apartment which
is located at

25 Hickory Place A7
Chatham, NJ 07928

http://www.homeproperties.com/apartm...PropertyId=333

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this apartment or this area at Chatham Township?

My daughter is 4 and half year old so I am looking for safe neighborhood and good school.

From Google map, it seems the apartment is close to Madison train station but it will be a 5 minutes drive. Anyone knows the parking condition at Madison train station?

Thanks
Yani
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 04:30 PM

5,103 posts, read 6,379,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yan View Post
Hi

We plan to rent an two bedroom apartment at Chatham hills apartment which
is located at

25 Hickory Place A7
Chatham, NJ 07928

http://www.homeproperties.com/apartm...PropertyId=333

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this apartment or this area at Chatham Township?

My daughter is 4 and half year old so I am looking for safe neighborhood and good school.

From Google map, it seems the apartment is close to Madison train station but it will be a 5 minutes drive. Anyone knows the parking condition at Madison train station?

Thanks
Yani
In general, Chatham is prob one of the best towns in the USA to live. Great schools and the town is friendly and very community oriented. Unfort either the Chatham or Madison train station has a wait for commuter parking.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:47 PM
ehs

341 posts, read 1,677,437 times
most people would just drive to Harrison and take PATH to NYC from there ...

Old 05-22-2007, 02:19 PM
yan yan started this thread

4 posts, read 20,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehs View Post
most people would just drive to Harrison and take PATH to NYC from there ...
Does Harrison have a train station to NYC?
From njtransit, I can not find Harrison or this is kind of different train path.

Also, normally how long it takes to drive from Harrison to Chatham?

Thanks
Chong

Old 05-22-2007, 05:55 PM

5,103 posts, read 6,379,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yan View Post
Does Harrison have a train station to NYC?
From njtransit, I can not find Harrison or this is kind of different train path.

Also, normally how long it takes to drive from Harrison to Chatham?

Thanks
Chong

Could be a 1/2 hour or better drive.

You're better checking out the train at Convent Station. It's the stop right after Madison (2-3 minutes by car), and I'm told there are parking spaces available.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,992 times
Default Did you end up moving into Chatham Hill Apts?

Hi Yan. I saw your post. I, too, am looking to move into the Chatham Hill apartments with our 6 month old. I am familiar with the Chatham area and would not be commuting to NYC. But I am curious about the apartments in general. Are they nice? How is the landlord? Is there a lot of noise (can you hear your neighbors above or below, coming and going, flushing toilets, running appliances, talking outside windows, and so on)? On a scale of 1 to 10, one being the worst and ten being the best, how would you rate your overall experience?

I would greatly appreciate your input, as I cannot find any comments on apartmentratings.com or sites similar to it. I've had some horrible apartment neighbors once upon a time, before I become a home owner. I'd love to avoid them.

Thank you so much for your time and comments.

C. Lee

Old 08-06-2007, 03:35 PM

327 posts, read 983,978 times
I don't think you could possible go wrong anywhere in Chatham. The entire area including Madison, New Providence Summit are Exceptional! I am jealous.I always wanted to live in that area, but it became totally out of reach. The Best of Luck to you both. I think you will be giddy with joy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey