Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 09:09 AM

25 posts, read 98,272 times

Advertisements

Hi!!

I'm a young professional working in downtown NYC and currently renting at a multi-family on the Nutley and Clifton border. I've been looking at homes/condos with 2 bedrooms in Clifton and Little Falls for weeks now with the help of a real estate agent.

The criteria we've been looking for are:
1. Safe neighborhoods
2. Easy commute to NYC
3. $360k max
4. At least 2 bedrooms
5. Potential resale value and/or rental value in a few years

I narrowed it down to Riverwalk condos in Clifton behind Clifton Commons and The Mill in Little Falls. I can't seem to find too much "insider" information/opinions on either place anywhere (including here on the ever-so-helpful citydata)

So I figured I'd try my luck and ask everyone here!!

Also, if there are suggestions on other options that meet the criteria I'm looking for, I'd welcome those too!

HELP PLEASE!!! THANKS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 12:08 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,824,837 times
first i would decide if you want a house or condo/townhome -the above are both townhomes right?

how many years is a "few years"? i think typically it will take more than 3 years to profit.

Last edited by joe moving; 12-29-2009 at 12:24 PM..

Old 12-29-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
first i would decide if you want a house or condo/townhome -the above are both townhomes right?

how many years is a "few years"? i think typically it will take more than 3 years to profit.
the one in clifton is more of a townhome, the one in little falls is a condo.

maybe 3-5 years?

Old 12-29-2009, 05:36 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,458,581 times
i would go with the mill in little falls. train is right across the street, safe neighborhood, good schools, great resale value

Old 12-30-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
i would go with the mill in little falls. train is right across the street, safe neighborhood, good schools, great resale value
Thanks! Do you know anything else about the condos/complex itself?!

Old 12-30-2009, 05:48 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,458,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamisa View Post
Thanks! Do you know anything else about the condos/complex itself?!
i have only been in it once and it is nice. from what i remember there was a "guard" in the lobby, the condos were very nice and spacious. each i bleieve had a landry closet. nice closets too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey