Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 12:32 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,789,086 times

Advertisements

Denville is great for what you want and your price range! I know people that are happy there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 12:55 PM

265 posts, read 597,496 times
I am in the Shongum area of Randolph. Great, low-key lake community - close enough to towns when you want them, and quiet when you want to relax.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 734 times
Default Would love an update a few years later!

Hi StefferLang... if you're still around, I would love an update on your thoughts on the different areas of Denville and surrounding areas to live in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefferLang View Post
My husband and I bought a house in the Indian Lake area of Denville in March of this year. I love Denville for the affordability, low crime rate, friendly people, sports related activities, great restaurants, and community spirit. The vibe here is very relaxed.
That said, there are many things about the town that I do not care for. The town was not designed to handle the amount of traffic that flows through it every day. I’m not from New Jersey so this could be the norm.
I would not call the town “walkable” since the few sidewalks in town are so narrow and close to the road that it makes them hazardous to walk on especially with a preschooler. Even in the center of town, certain areas are just too dangerous to cross even with the crosswalk signs.
I have lovely neighbors but I would have chosen a different part of town to live in. Houses are too close together, living on a hill makes parking impossible, almost hit on a daily basis by cars cutting through side streets off of ours, and having a difficult time getting out of our street and on to Franklin Ave.
The school that my eldest son is attending is good, not the best. He’s young enough that I just really wanted him to gain a love of learning and feel secure in a learning environment which the school does well. I just wished that a foreign language class was offered before the fourth grade.
After driving around other towns I found that Denville is not as attractive as many others in the area but I guess that is what makes it affordable. Being from Connecticut I miss the quaint New England towns I’ve grown accustom to.
Now if only Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s were a bit closer I would be much happier.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:07 AM

34 posts, read 145,149 times
Hi CourtneyBags,
My husband was offered a position overseas a year after we moved to Denville. We weren't around enough to really get to know the area. The only thing that I can offer is that you need to be really careful about moving to the center of downtown due to the flooding issues. Sorry that I'm not much of a help!
Steff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey