U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-05-2010, 04:41 PM

1,164 posts, read 2,391,894 times

Advertisements

People come here all the time asking about what town they should move to and so many of us Jersey folk are only familiar with our own little section of the state.

So I thought it would be nice to know; what's so great about YOUR town? Are the prices or taxes low? Any great restaurants (big and small) that are worth a trip? Are the schools stellar? Are the people wonderful? What kinds of activities are their for families/singles/teens? Whatever you like I want to know about it

P.S. If you want to list the cons of your town that's fine but let's not start bashing towns we don't live in. Please no, XYZ town sucks, ABC is sooo much better.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 05:49 PM

160 posts, read 276,367 times
My town is in Somerset County. What makes it stand out is it has a newly built, modern high school, one of the strongest public education systems in the state and virtually no crime.

There is no reason to live there unless you are raising children and need to send them to good schools.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:19 PM

7,785 posts, read 10,479,843 times
my town is Cinnaminson/Riverton.. Great established town with excellent schools, no rental apartments.. all single homes.. older homes... well built...clean.. many new stores, everything you could ever want within 5 minutes. Not crowded so traffic is not bad at all. Taxes are low due to the fact that the schools and housing is older and stable. 10 minutes from the South Philly stadiums. Love it here..

Old 01-06-2010, 12:17 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,210,027 times
It's safe, by the bay, has a main street and plenty of booze, victorian houses.. this town shouldn't be to hard to guess....

Old 01-06-2010, 09:59 AM

604 posts, read 1,227,309 times
Icibu:

Kudos for starting a positive leaning thread. I hope, most people will not only tend to point out good aspects but share some observations that are less than positive.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:24 AM

7,785 posts, read 10,479,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armx View Post
Icibu:

Kudos for starting a positive leaning thread. I hope, most people will not only tend to point out good aspects but share some observations that are less than positive.
well, in the 11 months we have been here we have yet to find ONE less then positive aspect.. Truth.. oh wait. There is a pothole that has been repaired but is not smooth down the street

Old 01-06-2010, 10:49 AM

1,608 posts, read 2,234,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
It's safe, by the bay, has a main street and plenty of booze, victorian houses.. this town shouldn't be to hard to guess....
Port Norris?

I love my town's geographic location. It's halfway between Philly and Cape May. It's downtown is a ghetto, but it's getting better.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:24 AM

1,924 posts, read 2,948,600 times
I'm in Hazlet and love it. Reasonable prices and taxes. People love their homes and take care of them. Great library system and nice police. Good access to Henry Hudson trail and highways. What the town itself is lacking it makes up for in the surroundings. Great parks, shopping, restaurants and the beach all just a very short drive.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:34 PM

11,698 posts, read 21,524,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
my town is Cinnaminson/Riverton.. Great established town with excellent schools, no rental apartments.. all single homes.. older homes... well built...clean.. many new stores, everything you could ever want within 5 minutes. Not crowded so traffic is not bad at all. Taxes are low due to the fact that the schools and housing is older and stable. 10 minutes from the South Philly stadiums. Love it here..
then why does my BIL complain about taxes?!? LOL His aren't that low.......they'd be about the same if he plopped his house in my northern NJ town.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:37 PM

11,039 posts, read 15,744,560 times
My town has the largest man made lake in NJ. True on weekends in summer it can be a pain but once Monday arrives it's peaceful again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey