Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 01:55 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,246,109 times

Advertisements

http://imgsrv.1010wins.com/image/wins/UserFiles/Image/NewPathTrain.jpg (broken link)

Mod cut

I'm not sure how I feel about those TV's, the TV's on the subway station are enough. Now we gotta get bombarded with tv commercials?

My real issue is whether they're gonna raise the fares again.

Last edited by Viralmd; 01-07-2010 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: No links to blogs, per TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 02:21 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
The new trains are ok. They don't have 30 years of accumulated grit and grime on the floors and seats. But they're nothing special, and the roll-out of new cars has been slow. I'd rather PATH invest in upgrading the signal systems or extending platforms for longer trains to increase capacity. As a daily rider, fixing the overcrowding is more important than brighter, cleaner cars. Those things are in their plans, but I wish they'd do it already.

Last edited by lammius; 01-07-2010 at 03:22 PM..

Old 01-07-2010, 02:33 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,902,279 times
I miss the old ones--they had a lot more character.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:55 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
They're the coolest looking subway cars I've ever seen.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
They're the coolest looking subway cars I've ever seen.
These are cooler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF02e...ayer_embedded#

Old 01-08-2010, 07:29 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,246,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post

WIFI on the train? definitely cool.

But besides that it looks like a light rail.

The reporter should've did this during the day so we can notice the view.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:56 AM

78 posts, read 326,497 times
they are nicer, i take the path everyday, been on the new ones a few times, but honestly everytime i've taken it, it took longer to get to WTC from newark, not sure why, maybe they wait longer at each stop as it's suppose to be able to hold more passengers. and 2-3 times it broke down on us, just happened yesterday morning at exchange place, they ended up emptying us all out and i ended up getting on the 3rd train after. they look nice, are nicer inside, but i think most people just want to get to work/home on time and the old ones seem to do that fine.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:07 PM

137 posts, read 385,928 times
The new cars are nicer and more spacious. But I find it hard to believe they don't have the time to keep their car floors clean. NY and NJ are nasty! Where do they get the new car budget from, but maintenance lacks? They're just like the MTA. Brand new fleet of subway cars, but can't afford to keep them clean. Yet they hire these idiots to spray the subway walls and platform floors down with bleach water @ night.

Something is not right about this and someone needs to say something.

Can you imagine if I ran my apartment this way? I can pay $1050.00 a month in rent, but can't keep the floors clean. Is that OK?

JE

Old 01-08-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini365i View Post
The new cars are nicer and more spacious. But I find it hard to believe they don't have the time to keep their car floors clean. NY and NJ are nasty! Where do they get the new car budget from, but maintenance lacks? They're just like the MTA. Brand new fleet of subway cars, but can't afford to keep them clean. Yet they hire these idiots to spray the subway walls and platform floors down with bleach water @ night.

Can you imagine if I ran my apartment this way? I can pay $1050.00 a month in rent, but can't keep the floors clean. Is that OK?

JE
Believe it or not, they do clean the cars every day. Some of the PATH cars are more than 40 years old. On a system that carries nearly 300,000 passengers every day, for 40 years, it amazes me that the cars even HAVE floors anymore.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:56 PM

80 posts, read 219,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini365i View Post

JE
They probably eliminate a lot of germs by washing the stations out that way. That's a good thing! And, if people would not bring food and drinks on the train, that would help keep the floors cleaner and less sticky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: