U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2010, 02:42 PM

10 posts, read 17,522 times

Advertisements

I already started a thread on an area of JC Heights, but I am also interested in looking at condos/houses in Newark. After searching these forums it seems that the Ironbound and Forest Hill sections are the better places to be. Ironbound doesn't seem to have houses with garages and due to the high rate of MV theft a garage would be key. Forest Hill seems to have houses with garages as well as gated condos. How is Forest Hill in terms of safety. Like I said in my JC post, I have a wife and baby whose safety is my top priority.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 04:26 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,562,387 times
It's probably the safest part of Newark from what I've heard

Old 01-12-2010, 07:07 AM

89 posts, read 415,669 times
Most of the 2-3 family houses in the Ironbound have 2 car garages... There seem to be quite a few for sale as well. I would not park on the street in the Ironbound; my car has been tampered with, keyed, hit, and stolen once.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:37 AM

10 posts, read 17,522 times
Is there any parking garages or lots you can rent in the Ironbound section?

Old 01-12-2010, 07:44 AM

89 posts, read 415,669 times
The only garage that I know of is near the hospital on Jefferson Street. Otherwise, people do offer spaces for rent. I would look at obtaining the Portuguese newspaper, Luso-Americano, and check out the classifieds. You can buy it from their office on Ferry St. or in any of the bakeries. They usually offer alot of rentals... Also, I have heard good things about Forest Hills, but have no personal experience.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:23 AM

2,771 posts, read 5,782,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason11866 View Post
I already started a thread on an area of JC Heights, but I am also interested in looking at condos/houses in Newark. After searching these forums it seems that the Ironbound and Forest Hill sections are the better places to be. Ironbound doesn't seem to have houses with garages and due to the high rate of MV theft a garage would be key. Forest Hill seems to have houses with garages as well as gated condos. How is Forest Hill in terms of safety. Like I said in my JC post, I have a wife and baby whose safety is my top priority.
Rush hour traffic (hell, even midday traffic) around Newark (especially around the ironbound) is insane. Ironbound has less crime than Forest Hills, but the traffic is much worse.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:27 AM

821 posts, read 1,879,710 times
I think that is the worst part of iron bound is the traffic... no matter what time of day there is traffic.. I say Forest Hills... If your looking for a house or condo why would you also want to rent a space... Get a place that comes with at least one spot for parking.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:49 AM

2 posts, read 12,742 times
Default Forest Hill is best section in Newark

I currently live in the Forest Hill section, and this year will make my 12th year of living here. The area is very nice except with its occasional attempt to break into really nice luxury cars. I live in Forest Hill Terrace and they do have their own personal security team. The faboulous commute to all kinds of shopping and New York City is the BEST. I've lived here for 6 years without having a car. Forest Hill is an area filled with tree lined streets and historic mansions. The ironbound section is too noisy with all the congested street traffic. Some of the houses look really run down. However, the ironbound is really close to the train station which makes it an ideal location for some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: