U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:23 PM

2,197 posts, read 4,156,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey15 View Post
From my experience, it seems like a lot of the Staten Islanders end up moving to those towns that aren't far from the outer bridge including Old Bridge, Matawan, Marlboro, Manalapan. I think if you want to avoid the ny transplants you need to move west of those areas into mercer, somerset, hunterdon counties.
I agree, those towns are FULL of SI transplants so avoid them. I would add that a fair number of SI'ers started to move into Bridgewater in Somerset County too, so west might not be such a good proposition either.

Mercer should give you more distance and as Philly starts to be felt there you might enjoy a different vibe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 09:25 PM

2,197 posts, read 4,156,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
A lot closer is towns right over the Goethals Bridge like anywhere around Cranford, Garwood, Kenilworth Westfield and so on. Some of these towns are literally a 15 minute local drive to SI. A bit shorter drive then going South over the OuterB and still a world apart from island existence.
Full of New Yorkers starting families.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:36 PM

19 posts, read 26,661 times
5 years ago, I would say move to Manalapan, Marlboro, Matawan area, but now, it is basicly brooklyn and Staten Island anyway.

If you want more of a towny feel, go into mercer county. I would look at East and West windsors, Princeton, Princeton Junction. Cranbury is a lovely town with a nice downtown area. Plainsboro is a growing town, but a very heavy asian population, so up to you. Monmouth Junction is fantastic, with alot of south brunswick having a princeton adress. Schools are all top notch.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:52 PM

2,488 posts, read 3,084,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
I agree, those towns are FULL of SI transplants so avoid them.
Staten Island (Brooklyn bi proxy) seems to have a knack for ruining all things New Jersey below Elizabeth.
See: The Jersey shore, Monmouth County.
I thought NY'ers hated NJ?
Isn't Long Island an option for these people?
Go East young man...............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey