Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 02:31 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times

Advertisements

With the election of Christie, it's absolutely AMAZING to me how quiet the masses are. It really just proves how partisan this board really is.

"Why Tahiti, whatever are you talking about?"

Look at the language and rhetoric in this post about Corzine (oh, I'm sorry, CORSLIME) borrowing money:

Panel approves borrowing $3.9 billion for school construction

Conversely, look at the calm manner when Christie borrows money:

Christie defends borrowing of $1.2 to fund transporation fund

Corzine - "IMPEACH HIM! THROW HIM OUT!" Christie - "Oh, if he doesn't do well, just vote him out"

"Oh Tahiti, don't be silly, that's just one post"

Ok! Here's another!

Again, language, phony outrage and rhetoric when Corslime talked about putting tolls on 78,80, et al. Remember folks, he DIDN'T do it! There are 6 PAGES of torches and pitchforks just by the MERE MENTION !

Corzine tells Codey Put tolls on Rt.78 and 80

Calico brings up the SAME issue, only it's Christie's team recommending it....not 6 PAGES of ranting, but 6 POSTS of basically "oh well".

Tolls on Rts. 80, 78 & 287...Here We Go Again!

And finally, a blip on the radar when a post surfaces about Christie raising business tax - I thought higher taxes on businesses drove them out of the state?!?!?!

More Pain: Gov. Chris Christie warns N.J. companies of tax hike to cover unemployment fund

Even NJ's answer to Conservative God®, Lonegan, blasted him.

Steve Lonegan: New Jersey cannot afford Gov. Christie raising the unemployment tax | Commentary | NewJerseyNewsroom.com -- Your State. Your News.

Even if you don't agree with me, at least admit this is just the slightest bit laughable. Come on my conservative peeps, crack a smile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 02:33 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,869,902 times
yea so far I think hes doing a fine job

Old 02-03-2010, 03:29 PM

20,323 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
The silence is DEAFENING!

With the election of Christie, it's absolutely AMAZING to me how quiet the masses are. It really just proves how partisan this board really is.

I'll guess as to what you're talking about. Your guy didn't win the election.

That said, Christie's in office two weeks yet you've selected anti-Corzine posts from when he had been in office for two years.

Christie will really have to do something before I can start telling anyone who cares to listen what a bad job he's doing.

Trust me, if I hear of Christie banging and giving personal gifts in the form of cash to the head of NJ's public workers unions when he was supposed to bargain on behalf of management (i.e. us), or tell the pw union workers he'll fight for a good contract (that one was really weird, imo), or continue allowing NJ to be run in the same old, same old fashion (remember the Corzine speech to the Assembly on the need to change that? I do), or say something like "NJ'ians are moving south for the better weather" (I actually dropped him an email on that wowser) I'll certainly express any voters remorse on my part here on CD and more importantly, at the ballot box.

If Christie fails to succeed in moving NJ towards what it should be (given all of our self-proclaimed smarts, education, wealth, culture and proximity to NYC and Philly) he'll need to go like others before him.

Obviously many NJ'ians saw what a four year Corzine term looked like.

Can you tell us what his second term might have looked like?

Old 02-03-2010, 03:40 PM

308 posts, read 679,876 times
Ofcourse, you arent being partisan. Perhaps you should give the guy more than 2 weeks in office. How's Obama doing and all that bull about hope and change. This guy is a nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post

Look at the language and rhetoric in this post about Corzine (oh, I'm sorry, CORSLIME) borrowing money:

Panel approves borrowing $3.9 billion for school construction

Conversely, look at the calm manner when Christie borrows money:

Christie defends borrowing of $1.2 to fund transporation fund

Corzine - "IMPEACH HIM! THROW HIM OUT!" Christie - "Oh, if he doesn't do well, just vote him out"

"Oh Tahiti, don't be silly, that's just one post"

Ok! Here's another!

Again, language, phony outrage and rhetoric when Corslime talked about putting tolls on 78,80, et al. Remember folks, he DIDN'T do it! There are 6 PAGES of torches and pitchforks just by the MERE MENTION !

Corzine tells Codey Put tolls on Rt.78 and 80

Calico brings up the SAME issue, only it's Christie's team recommending it....not 6 PAGES of ranting, but 6 POSTS of basically "oh well".

Tolls on Rts. 80, 78 & 287...Here We Go Again!

And finally, a blip on the radar when a post surfaces about Christie raising business tax - I thought higher taxes on businesses drove them out of the state?!?!?!

More Pain: Gov. Chris Christie warns N.J. companies of tax hike to cover unemployment fund

Even NJ's answer to Conservative God®, Lonegan, blasted him.

Steve Lonegan: New Jersey cannot afford Gov. Christie raising the unemployment tax | Commentary | NewJerseyNewsroom.com -- Your State. Your News.

Even if you don't agree with me, at least admit this is just the slightest bit laughable. Come on my conservative peeps, crack a smile.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:06 PM

990 posts, read 2,555,938 times
I think someone needs a nap.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:08 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
Not often one hears the people of NJ being accused of being too conservative ...

Old 02-03-2010, 04:46 PM

1,552 posts, read 4,632,408 times
Frustration with elected officials builds up over time. Corslime had years of annoying us; give the big guy some time.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:07 PM

OMG you guys, lighten up! Geez.....you conservatives can't take a joke, can ya?

A tax increase is a tax increase, doesn't matter the letter after the name, does it?

Old 02-03-2010, 05:09 PM

32 posts, read 67,877 times
I think he's doing a fine job. The masses are quiet because they are scared Mod cut. Every public employee is scared. Teachers with tenure are pis*ed because they think he's coming after them.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 02-03-2010 at 09:53 PM..

Old 02-03-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawm View Post
I think he's doing a fine job. The masses are quiet because they are Mod cut. Every public employee is scared. Teachers with tenure are pis*ed because they think he's coming after them.
Of course he's doing a "fine" job - he's only been in office 2 weeks! Some people can't see the humor in anything, I swear!

Last edited by Viralmd; 02-03-2010 at 06:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey