U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-22-2010, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 3,122 times
Default unemploymemt in nj

I had my unemployment for a year. The last check I got though they only paid me for one week and i still have a balance for the second week in my claim. I went to the unemployment office and they told me because i have had it for a year i needed to file a new claim which i did. I called like normal to claim my benefits and all it said was that I would get reembursed for the week they didnt pay me. So will they send me the check for the week on their own or will it be added to the new claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 01:00 PM

478 posts, read 986,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess1085 View Post
I had my unemployment for a year. The last check I got though they only paid me for one week and i still have a balance for the second week in my claim. I went to the unemployment office and they told me because i have had it for a year i needed to file a new claim which i did. I called like normal to claim my benefits and all it said was that I would get reembursed for the week they didnt pay me. So will they send me the check for the week on their own or will it be added to the new claim.
Your BYE was over..you had one payment more in account..you had to renew your claim.

What they do is denied your new claim since your not qualified for a new claim..this way you can get that one payment or any extensions in the future.

Should receive letter your new claim was denied..and then claim that week they owe you.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:06 AM

316 posts, read 492,175 times
If your new claim isnt denied ,you will go back to recieving them every 2- weeks. After my severance ran out, and I started to collect- it was every 2 weeks like clockwork-done on-line(no complaints)
However, since I went to extended benifts- thier was a mix up on thier part- > they sent me forms ,which I correctly and prompty filled out. To my surprise I started to get paid every week -not every 2 weeks. I had to fill in all the same info for them ,but I did it every week , not every two.- - - Well, just this past week I finally got a person (not a robot) in the East Orange office. They apoligized for any inconvience, but with the volume of people , they made a mistake and I was thrown into a group that gets a check every week.
They claimed the problem is now fixed-(I didnt get my ck this week)- but when I call on the 25th ,they will be prepared to send a check covering 2-weeks, like it should be. I hope they got it together, I not only dislike that I am on unemployment, but I really dislike having to go to East Orange in person and explain the problem all over again- Hell,they have numerous phone records that they could play back.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:39 AM

1,244 posts, read 2,069,776 times
Default Me too! Now I know why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tceffo View Post
If your new claim isnt denied ,you will go back to recieving them every 2- weeks. After my severance ran out, and I started to collect- it was every 2 weeks like clockwork-done on-line(no complaints)
However, since I went to extended benifts- thier was a mix up on thier part- > they sent me forms ,which I correctly and prompty filled out. To my surprise I started to get paid every week -not every 2 weeks. I had to fill in all the same info for them ,but I did it every week , not every two.- - - Well, just this past week I finally got a person (not a robot) in the East Orange office. They apoligized for any inconvience, but with the volume of people , they made a mistake and I was thrown into a group that gets a check every week.
They claimed the problem is now fixed-(I didnt get my ck this week)- but when I call on the 25th ,they will be prepared to send a check covering 2-weeks, like it should be. I hope they got it together, I not only dislike that I am on unemployment, but I really dislike having to go to East Orange in person and explain the problem all over again- Hell,they have numerous phone records that they could play back.
I claimed my 20 weeks of EB last year which ended the end of August. I was paid weekly as well and have 20 check stubs from EB. At the time I didn't understand why on the yellow work-search form they would have dates for weeks one/two and the next yellow form would have dates for weeks two/three instead of weeks three/four. I just filled each one out as I received it and each had duplicate information from the previous yellow form due to overlap. I never even TRIED to call them about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey