U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-08-2010, 11:34 AM

7 posts, read 4,029 times
Default S N O W S T O R M on Wednesday

On Wednesday, there's more than 80% chance of a snowstorm that will hit again all of New Jersey, and rest of Mid-Atlantic (D.C., Philly etc.)

This time, South Jersey will see again up to a foot of snow, and Central and Northern NJ couple of inches of snow.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 11:50 AM

259 posts, read 452,771 times
actually from monmouth county and south, we will see at least a foot

Old 02-08-2010, 01:07 PM

4,989 posts, read 6,191,241 times
OMG OMG...run run as fast as you can to the supermarket.

With another foot of snow you might not be able to get out on Thursday when all the roads are cleared up...again.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:11 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,573,282 times
the only place i run to is the liquor store and make sure i have plenty of junk food. forget the milk and bread. beer and hot wings for me...

Old 02-08-2010, 03:10 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,934,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
With another foot of snow you might not be able to get out on Thursday when all the roads are cleared up...again.
My side roads still aren't clear! And the path from front door to street is 70% ice, so there's no getting out for me, anyway. We forgot to get salt before this one hit. Hopefully we'll be able to get some before tomorrow afternoon. I haven't been out past my backyard since Saturday morning! Talk about cabin fever...

Old 02-08-2010, 03:14 PM

220 posts, read 416,062 times
Who says Jersey can't take it? Bring it on! I'm ready, lots of milk and bread leftover, hot wings, ribs, tater salad from Superbowel, yeah I meant that mistake. Better send homework home with the kiddys! So what's another flight cancellation, it is what it is. Cheers LuLu

Old 02-08-2010, 03:56 PM

4,675 posts, read 9,292,670 times
Hoping NNJ is invited to the snow party this time.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Hoping NNJ is invited to the snow party this time.
Oh My, LOL..... yeah might have to break out and ole snow boots. Must be a rush at Nordstroms...

Wonder where our beloved new Govenor will tour then.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:21 PM

6,436 posts, read 4,227,621 times
There are still 10's of thousands without power in Cape may County from the last storm. According to news, Wildwood's snow plows are mostly broken down, and the electric company won't come to the streets that STILL aren't plowed. I repacked my little escape suitcase just in case! This time in s. jersey we are getting snow to freezing rain to heavy snow which might be even harder on the wires due to severe icing, along with 50 mph wind gusts.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There are still 10's of thousands without power in Cape may County from the last storm. According to news, Wildwood's snow plows are mostly broken down, and the electric company won't come to the streets that STILL aren't plowed. I repacked my little escape suitcase just in case! This time in s. jersey we are getting snow to freezing rain to heavy snow which might be even harder on the wires due to severe icing, along with 50 mph wind gusts.
My thoughts and prayers will be with you Ocnjgirl, hope you have a plan to go somewhere safe and warm.
I know we were pretty lucky in Ocean Cty, no power loss for me, but scares me. Time to look into generator back up I think, this year anyway. Heck, our snowblower sat in the garage for years after we bought it, but so glad she cranked up and did the job.
Wishing you well. LuLu
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey